THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonny Rotisserie

Full Fledged Farker
I already posted this over in the Throwdown Section, but thought I would re-post it here in the deep swimming pool as a plug for Burger Week in the TD section. It is big like Shark Week and often gets over 25 entries. Come on over and join in!

For this entry, I had some fun with a new toy of mine. I am visiting friends outside Denver who happen to have a 22.5” Weber kettle on which my new ring adapter fits beautifully. Combine that, my trusty Auspit rotisserie and a Rib-o-Lator and I was off to the races.

IMG_1336.JPG

Tonight’s dinner was a pepper-brie stuffed burger with trimmings.

The burger meat was mixed with minced garlic, Worcestershire, soy sauce, Bovine Bold, diced red onions and some pepper.

IMG_1344.JPG

It went on the hickory-smoke-filled kettle with a mild heat for about an hour along with the burger trimmings (various peppers and grilled red onions).
IMG_1342.JPG

For sides I did a zucchini and summer squash medley and bacon-wrapped thyme-dusted scallops on grilled sun-dried tomato & garlic polenta.

To compensate for the altitude, we made sure to drink extra vodka.

IMG_1347.JPG

After adding a slice of cheddar to top the burger for good measure, I warmed the foccia bread and then added fresh avocado, crispy deep-fried onions, mayo and Dijon mustard to finish it off, and a New Belgium 1554 Black Ale to wash it down.

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

A tasty little surf and turf if I do say so myself. Thanks for looking!

--Jonny Rotisserie

Back