THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

InThePitBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Bob
Our long time neighbors finally got to ditch their green cards and attend their Naturalization ceremony and became US citizens and have some family staying over.

They have been the best neighbors you could ever hope for so I offered to take the day off and stay home to cook a little lunch for everyone so BBQ it is!

Got the fire rolling fast thanks to the kindling cracker:

5NSgEyJl.jpg

Couple of butts for pulled pork going on:

7UuUBnGl.jpg

Butts are coming along nicely with some sweet corn smoking and the ribs and tips are almost ready to wrap:

g8DUozAl.jpg

And finished up the cook with some pans of poppers and Pit Beans, time to eat!

HQtRHjxl.jpg

xk3Yo5pl.jpg

Dang it Bob, I want to be your neighbor! lol Looks outstanding!
Very nice of you to cook for your friends. :cool::grin:

Dang it Bob, I want to be your neighbor! lol Looks outstanding!
Very nice of you to cook for your friends. :cool::grin:

There is no way I could get that lucky, besides your a better cook than I am lol! Afraid the variety might be a little one sided on my menu vs your's. :grin:

Well heck we had at least 7 pounds of pork left after lunch so I made up a finishing sauce to keep it all moist in the warmer for sandwiches and tacos and we threw on another round of corn. Plus there's some leftover ribs and tips and they all came back with LOTS of cold beer and the 9-5 gang is home and showing up.

BBQ has a way of getting people together, I should take a day of more often this has been alot of fun.

Leftover's anyone? There's plenty to go around!

gDZZPVkl.jpg

That's simply awesome.

Please pass along sincere congratulations and a warm welcome to the (dysfunctional, but loving) family!

You whipped up a celebratory feast to be proud of!

Awesome cook and tell your neighbors welcome to the great USA!!!!

Paul you were a YouTube celebrity today, I cued up your channel on my phone and handed it over and they are still watching it lol!

Everyone has admired the craftsmanship on the cooker and had good things to say about it, it was a hit and these folks appreciated seeing it in action.

I showed them your post and they all say thanks to you and the rest of the guys and gals here!

Excellent cook and gesture. Tell your neighbors congratulations and I extend a heartfelt welcome to them. Stories like this are why this is the greatest country on Earth. Kudos all around!!

Back