THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
For our Christmas meal I wanted to have something delicious, a bit out of the ordinary and on the healthy side. I searched the web for a Brussel Sprout recipes and came up with one from Bobby Parish which served as the inspiration for this dish. (Here’s the link to his cook: https://www.flavcity.com/thanksgiving-side-dish-bacon/)

Recipe:
2 lb. of Brussel Sprouts
2 lb. Delicata Squash (2 to 3 depending on size)
½ lb. of bacon (cut into approximate ½” pieces
¾ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup dried Cranberries (Crasins)
¾ cup Pomegranate seeds
1.5 tbsp. of Pomegranate infused vinegar
1.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey)
2 to 3 tbsp. of flat leaf parsley (Finely chopped)
EVOO (I used garlic infused)
Salt to taste (I used approximately ½ tsp for each)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste (I used approximately ½ tsp for each)

Here are the stars of the show.

The day before I trimmed and cut the Brussel Sprouts in half.

Next, I trimmed and cut the Delicata Squash in half, spooned out the seeds and cut them into approximate ¼” pieces.

The next day I put them into a large bowl with 1 tbsp. of Garlic EVOO, approx. 1/2 tsp of salt and fresh ground black pepper. I gave them a good mix and then placed them onto a foil lined sheet pan.

I placed these into an oven, preheated to 400 degrees and let them roast for 25 minutes. While they were roasting, I cooked up 1/2 lb. of bacon until it was crispy. I added the Walnuts, Cranberries and Pomegranate seeds, maple syrup and gave it a stir. After this cooked a few more minutes, I added the Pomegranate infused vinegar and the Dijon mustard, stirred that all in and let it cook one more minute.

Here’s the Brussel Sprouts after their time in the oven.

I combined everything into a large bowl with some parsley and gave it a good mix.

This was delicious and still on the healthy side, so we were extremely pleased with the results.

Thanks for looking

I tried roasted Brussels sprouts about a year ago and they were excellent. If you just turned that experience up a notch, I'm going to have to come to California after Covid is over and shake your hand! I hope to give the recipe a try soon. Thanks for posting it and incredible looking dish.

Sure looks good.
Thanks for the recipe .
Like that cutting board .
Thank you JRD
I would really like a plate of that
Thank you George
I tried roasted Brussels sprouts about a year ago and they were excellent. If you just turned that experience up a notch, I'm going to have to come to California after Covid is over and shake your hand! I hope to give the recipe a try soon. Thanks for posting it and incredible looking dish.
Thank you Ron. This was a big hit. It's a nice collection of textures and flavors that come together very well.

Back