THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

mistral

Morning all - I am looking for a good solution recipe for rotisserie roast lamb - preferably with a bit of lemon and garlic - I don't want to kill the meat's flavor. This is just a leg of lamb not the whole lamb. Using a Weber kettle.
I don't have access to the recipe section as yet so I am hoping for a bit of help in the meantime. All suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Not an injection but a marinade.

Marinade For Leg of Lamb
1/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 cloves garlic, minced

Used this last week with good results.

d646173e2a47ce615e4a5146f87d333e.jpg

ae51cabd75e87f4136e9b03147f511d3.jpg

22d6b64f14970a5fd818177a5b03c530.jpg

9323e2b466f23f4a4cc6cfa5d0fed943.jpg

I have done this a few times and it is excellent. This comes from my cousins Greek Ole lady it works as an injection, a marinate or a mop for rotisserie, Also excellent on Chicken.

Zest of 1 lemon
3 mint leaves
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp + a pinch oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 sprig fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
1 cups White Wine
1/2 cup olive oil

Muttle together everything except the oil and the wine transfer to mixture to a sauce pan add the wine and oil bring to a boil and remove from heat allow to cool. To inject. Strain the solids out and spin it 30 sec in a food processor then inject

I use this one for injecting and spraying on smoked lamb, we actually cook yearlings and the shoulders and hams are still bone-in. I shoot it with 3 or 4 ounces, then the remainder is sprayed on every couple of hours during the cook. It's pretty basic, so you can adjust the flavor to suit you.

1 – Beer
½ cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup apple juice
1/3 cup canola oil
1 diced onion
3 cloves of garlic – minced
1 tablespoon Wooster
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne

Heat until dissolved