THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I'm cooking stuffed chicken boobies in the toaster oven (raining) and checked the IT and it was 125* and as usual I licked the Thermo pen as I folded it up, should I be concerned for chicken poisoning ?
Ed

Ive eaten an entire chicken breast that was med rare ( i was drunk and it was dark out ) had a nasty case of the $hits the next day and that was it. If licking the probe does that or worse, you got bigger problems you should see a doc about.

Depends, what is your running average BAC? You're a Brethren, you'll be fine.

You'd think you'd lick it befo...... Ya know what... Nevermind! :rolleyes:

Lol! You'll be fine...

Cheers

I'm cooking stuffed chicken boobies in the toaster oven (raining) and checked the IT and it was 125* and as usual I licked the Thermo pen as I folded it up, should I be concerned for chicken poisoning ?

Ed

KCBS certified judge

coming-to-america-confused.gif

Ed, Me thinks you are having a lend of us, but just in case you had a legit concern.

Let me reflect again on the incredibly fastidious FDA recommendations, AND the quite unfathomable tendency for our members to read those recommendations as if they were written on an additional tablet Moses brought down from the mountain. And in all other areas of life, our forum members are very much tough as nails and nobody.... absolutely NOBODY can tell you blokes what to do.

Should be this way for the FDA too if you have a think about it.

Ed. The chicken was "fresh", not rotten I'll presume so in this case the internals of the chicken boobies are sterile. It's only the surface of meat like this which would have the presence of any bacteria. Now cooking it in anyway exposes the surface area of said chicken boobies to direct heat and considering you've already reached an IT of 120F or so, the surface temp will be in the "safe zone"... whatever that is.

In addition, should there actually be any nasties on the interior of the chicken that were inadvertently transferred to your tongue, then there is the concept of "bacterial load" A few organisms are not going to survive in any number to be able to produce a toxin which would effect you. Your normal body defences are going to come into play well before that is an issue.

Cheers.

Enjoy the chicken boobies.

Bill

Last edited:
Thank GAWD you’ve made a post this morning, I was beginning to wonder if it had kilt ya!

Back