THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

joeysmac

Good evening brethren (and sisteren)...I did my first no-foil ribs on my UDS tonight and I'm a big fan...no hassle...just set it and leave 'em alone. I put them on at 2:00 PM and the temp averaged about 250* until 6:00 when I took them off (Apple juicing every hour or so). I cooler'd them for about half an hour before serving. I also threw some corn on the UDS about 4:00 and let them smoke for about 2.5 hours at 250*. The rubs were McCormick's Mesquite on one rack and McCormick's Smokehouse Maple on the other rack. I liked the Maple better...Mesquite was a little more bitter than I like. Also had mashed potatoes but the didn't make the pics (forgot to get a pic of my plate :icon_blush:)

My wife doesn't like ribs (I didn't know until after the wedding :doh:)... so I also BBQ'd some chicken legs with the Mesquite rub and some basic BBQ sauce about half way thru...much better on the chicken I think.

Here's the PRON:

Smokehouse Maple is the yellow-ish rub up front...Mesquite in the back...
IMAG0153.jpg

Ribs and Corn in UDS, chicken on the grill...The weather in Newnan, GA has been incredible this weekend...
IMAG0154.jpg

Don't have a clue which rack is which rub by looking...
IMAG0155.jpg

Deliciousness...
IMAG0157.jpg

One ear of corn looked different for some reason..
IMAG0158.jpg

Chicken legs...
IMAG0159.jpg

The spread...
IMAG0160.jpg

Back