THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tjtv

Found some matches.
Just a heads up, if you live near a Shoprite. They have USDA Choice Bone-IN Beef Rib Roast(aka "Prime Rib") on sale for $4.99/lb. Roast it up for "prime rib" or cut into ribeye steaks, either way it's a fantastic deal.

I picked up a full 7-bone roast that weighed 18.5 pounds, butcher gave it to me still in the cryo :thumb: Most likely will pick up another one later this week. I believe that the sale runs through Saturday 4/19.

Yes I plan on buying a few of these in cryo, but I seriously doubt they will be stored in the freezer for anything even approaching 1 year. I wouldn't be able to look in the freezer at all this beautiful beef and not want to defrost/cook/eat it for anywhere near that long :)

Yes I plan on buying a few of these in cryo, but I seriously doubt they will be stored in the freezer for anything even approaching 1 year. I wouldn't be able to look in the freezer at all this beautiful beef and not want to defrost/cook/eat it for anywhere near that long :)

I hear ya. Trick is to diversify and have other options available. I have 2 upright freezers along with a top mount freezer and a bottom drawer freezer. I also have an uncle who is a butcher and let's me know when deals are going on.

I have 5 briskets, 2 full and 2 1/2 ribeye loins, a Strip loin, 4 racks of Baby Backs, 2 racks of spares, 2 pork loins, 20 6-packs of whole chicken wings, 9 1lb packs of bacon, 12 1lb rolls of Wrights sausage and 12lbs of smoked roast beef in vac packs in my freezers right now.

Sadly, I ran through my supply of Boston Butts right before the prices skyrocketed. :mad:

All of the above were purchased either when the meat was on a really good sale, or even better, reduced via "manager's specials".

(Only reason I know this is that I just did an inventory for the start of Derby party season which kicked off this past weekend :) )

Back