THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think he is embarrassed by the putting green he has them on, probably worried that we will judge on the garnish and the small drip on the side.

Sorry, they were cooked before your throwdown started and did not follow the rules.
Just posted for fun. Is that allowed? If not, sorry (new guy here). The other posts look great though! :thumb:

Too bad, it is an excellent post, would have made a great entry. I give it a 5, eh, maybe a 6 for appearance. I am afraid of what I would have to score the taste.

There's no problem posting it. In fact, in the rules I state if you post a food picture that you don't want entered to please just let me know you don't want it entered, which you did.

With all of the jokesters around here, I would never presume to keep them from posting pics that are either jokes or not meant to be entered!:thumb:

Peace on Earth with a Side of Bacon

My Humble offerings... Something I'm calling "Peace on Earth with a Side of Bacon"

It's a double Header!!

First the McRiggplant!
A lettuce wrap fried eggplant rib patty, garnished with english cucumber, onion, sauce and tempura wheat grass served with tempura eggplant fries, nestled in a bed of wheat grass.
IMG_1617.jpg

Second - The Egg P McBacon!
An eggplant rib patty rubbed & sauced and wrapped in a bacon weave, apple smoked and garnished with onion, pickle & sauce on a soft roll served with a side of bacon fries
IMG_1640.jpg

Be sure to check out the original post here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95272

Oh yeah, that's right!:doh: I forgot about the multiple entries!:rolleyes: How could I forget that?:shock: Maybe it was all the stuff that happened on the ill-fated maiden voyage of the Pecan Pig over California last night that I can't seem to remember...

Gheesh Ryan, you're going to be splitting the eggplant vote. I don't think that's a wise move, but you know what you're doing. If it were me, I'd just go with the bottom (super-duper-dupiddy-duper bacon eggplant surprise) as the first one appears to violate Rule 2 about grilled/smoked.

Gheesh Ryan, you're going to be splitting the eggplant vote. I don't think that's a wise move, but you know what you're doing. If it were me, I'd just go with the bottom (super-duper-dupiddy-duper bacon eggplant surprise) as the first one appears to violate Rule 2 about grilled/smoked.

Uhh, what?? All this time and nobody bothered to tell me that this isn't smoking?????
IMG_1557.jpg

Hmm, might need some input from Chris... I guess I hadn't read the rules since they were posted... does it being cooked on the kettle (even though it was fried) not count?

Might have to enter another one if that's the case... damn, I'm all outta eggplant too...:tsk:

Fried in cast iron outdoors over a grill or other wood fire has been allowed in the past. You're good on both. But....come on....that first one should be on some Vegan boards or something. Probably should have been left raw too.:thumb:

Fried in cast iron outdoors over a grill or other wood fire has been allowed in the past. You're good on both. But....come on....that first one should be on some Vegan boards or something. Probably should have been left raw too.:thumb:

But, but, but... There was raw bacon bits tucked between each "rib"... :heh: we'll call it the vegan surprise! :mrgreen:

There's a wide spectrum of opinions on the subject. Many think if they put the frying pan in the kettle it makes it grilled or smoked. By the same reasoning, if I put a big pot of boiling water in my kettle and put the ribs in that water to cook, then they would be considered to be grilled/smoked. To me, they are still boiled, but that's just my opinion. We do let the voters decide such matters, and voters all have different opinions.

In any case, I didn't notice that you had a liquid smoke element in that cook before I spoke, so you're good! :thumb:

Um, this IS Ry we're talking about, right?

Yes, Ryan used the liquid smoke, which is good -- it's smoked, right?

Yes, everyone knows that about me already. :bored:

You mean that ISN'T how to make great BBQ?:shock:

Apparently to many, it is. Just pointing out a little inconsistency in some reasoning ... and I'm still fuming over the Optigrill. :mad2: I thought that was going to be a winner. :shock:

Back