THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YAAAAY!!! :-D:grin: Just in time for Thanksgiving shopping!

Be careful with their turkey selection. They carry House of Raeford. We cooked one of these (bought at Walmart) last weekend and were less than impressed with quality. The thighs had funny little bones in them, and the neck was not cut off. We had to saw through the neck to remove it. Not sure if we just got an odd bird, but it was enough to make us not buy that brand ever again.

I am working on it! Someone will be contacting your group soon! Thanks for your interest!
-Anna Lada
Restaurant Depot

Awesome! If this works out its a win for everyone, paid bbq-brethren members like me drain their bank accounts at RD and RD sales go up. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait so you are telling me I can join KCBS for $35/year and I can go to Restaurant Depot without having a wholesale license?

Does anyone know what the price of Brisket is per pound there? Just trying to figure out if it is cheaper then Costco or Sams club for brisket and pulled pork.

Feel Free to contact your local store. They would be happy to tell you the cost.

my wife just called the alexadria location and they said it's a no. hopefully it was just because the employee she talked to just didnt know better

A letter was sent out to all stores yesterday. No worries. When you go into the store if you have any trouble, ask to speak to a manager.

Thanks!

Can you bring a friend or helper (wife)?
or is this so exclusive it's one person only let into the store per membership?

Feel free to bring someone to help fill up your cart! We have a lot of items.. you will need another set of hands!

not likely

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/about-us

Restaurant Depot, a division of Jetro Holdings, LLC, headquartered in College Point, NY, has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990.

https://www.smartfoodservice.com/

Headquartered in the Greater Portland, Oregon area, Cash&Carry Smart Foodservice has been operating throughout the Northwest for more than 50 years. As a wholesale food distributor and food service warehouse, we help you shop for a wide range of quality food products, chef supplies, wholesale restaurant supplies, and catering supplies in a way that saves you time and money. Our goal is to help you grow your business and satisfy your diners, customers and guests.

http://www.urmstores.com/

cashcarry.gif

URM Cash & Carry stores are not only the most convenient and competitive place to fill all of your food related business needs, but are also open to the general public without a membership fee or card.

Not trying to get into an argument, just thought the Brethren would like to know ~ it's called Jetro Cash & Carry so I guess there is more than one d/b/a Cash & Carry.

http://jetro.com/

"Cash and Carry" is a generic term for any place that requires you to come in, select what you want, pay for it right then (historically with cash, but many accept CC now), and then take it with you when you leave. This is in contrast to a delivery supplier such as Sysco who brings you things on a truck and then sends you an invoice. GFS for instance has both a delivery and C&C business under the same name. To that end, Rest. Depot is a Cash and Carry business, and in some parts of the country they are called Jetro Cash and Carry.

Here in Nashville, there is a place called Nashville Cash and Carry. It used to be owned by Sysco and sell much of the same stuff, but now its independant, though it still sells a lot of Sysco stuff. They also have a delivery service which competes with Sysco. My point is that comparing "RD to Cash and Carry" is like comparing "Kroger to Supermarket." One is a general type of store, and the other is a specific brand of that store. Locally, I find RD to be suprior to Sam's, Costco, GFS, and NC&C on a food level, and on par with a rest. supply store on the hardware level. Just depends on your location though.

dmp

Could anyone help me get a feel for restaurant depot. I already shop at Costco and cash n carry. Is restaurant depot on a whole superior to either?

Costco on steroids.
45 min drive to Pittsburgh + construction traffic = Worth It

I have to disagree slightly with what Cavman says. At least the Jetro out here, versus Costco. They are not at all the same.

Costco is still consumer/end user oriented. Sure, they have wholesale items and will cater to food service to a degree, but, a large number of their items are household grade. This is especially true of the food appliances, meats, service ware and tools for the culinary professional.

Jetro, out in Oakland at least, is truly geared to a professional food service. The appliances are all commercial grade, there are no shiny bits, everything is about professional duty cycle work. The meat selection is not as well presented as at Costco and it is usually less trimmed and less broken down (more packers, less flats, more cases, less 6 packs etc...)

I can usually find better grades of meats in larger quantities at Jetro than I can at Costco. I also find the odder cuts (Picanha for instance) at Jetro. The big drawback, at least at the Oakland Jetro store, you will wait in a long line to checkout.

RD always has packer cut briskets, and plenty of 'em. It's hit or miss at the consumer "warehouse" stores. Although I do use Wagyu, I have also gotten calls (including a 1st) with RD "superior" briskets. (Superior is their answer to CAB branding - about the top 2/3 of USDA choice, grain finished)

This is really good news especially on here, I've been wanting to get into RD for awhile, think I figured it out. Thanks Anna!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back