THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member
Admin

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
I received this earlier today from Restaurant depot Marketing. Seems RD IS still in with KCBS.

A story about Restaurant Depot and KCBS came up on a message board today.

Im not sure where this information came from but it is completely false. Restaurant Depot proudly accepts all members of the KCBS in our stores. We have just sent out a memo to ALL of our nationwide stores telling them to accept membership cards for the KCBS. I wanted to let someone at the BBQ Brethren know because I know you also have members in the KCBS. Is there a way to relay this to your members? Thanks for your time! - Anna Lada, Marketing Coordinator, Restaurant Depot

Wait so you are telling me I can join KCBS for $35/year and I can go to Restaurant Depot without having a wholesale license?

Does anyone know what the price of Brisket is per pound there? Just trying to figure out if it is cheaper then Costco or Sams club for brisket and pulled pork.

Mattlsmith Yes if your have a kcbs membership show it at the door you get a one day pass each time your go in no membership from the store.

Does anyone know what the price of Brisket is per pound there? Just trying to figure out if it is cheaper then Costco or Sams club for brisket and pulled pork.

It varies and depends on if you buy by the case. This year, I think I was paying around $2.40/lb for brisket and I just got a flyer that pork butts were $1.29/lb by the case. The selection is better than other wholesale clubs.

my wife just called the alexadria location and they said it's a no. hopefully it was just because the employee she talked to just didnt know better

Just have them check the acct number its good to go they my have checked and it was not offered while they had to settle things.

Some of the racks
resturantdepo.jpg

Could anyone help me get a feel for restaurant depot. I already shop at Costco and cash n carry. Is restaurant depot on a whole superior to either?

I use both RD and Costco ~ it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. When in comes to hunks of beef, definitely RD gets my business. BTW, I think RD and Cash n Carry are owned by the same company.

BTW, I think RD and Cash n Carry are owned by the same company.

not likely

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/about-us

Restaurant Depot, a division of Jetro Holdings, LLC, headquartered in College Point, NY, has been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990.

https://www.smartfoodservice.com/

Headquartered in the Greater Portland, Oregon area, Cash&Carry Smart Foodservice has been operating throughout the Northwest for more than 50 years. As a wholesale food distributor and food service warehouse, we help you shop for a wide range of quality food products, chef supplies, wholesale restaurant supplies, and catering supplies in a way that saves you time and money. Our goal is to help you grow your business and satisfy your diners, customers and guests.

http://www.urmstores.com/

cashcarry.gif

URM Cash & Carry stores are not only the most convenient and competitive place to fill all of your food related business needs, but are also open to the general public without a membership fee or card.

Can you bring a friend or helper (wife)?
or is this so exclusive it's one person only let into the store per membership?

Back