THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kitts21

Knows what a fatty is.
I will be roasting my brined bird in the oven, do I still need to let it rest for a while before putting it in there? Or will the skin be ok if I remove it from the brine rinse and in the oven,since it is being cooked at a higher temp, than a smoker?

I brine, rinse then at the very least dry with a few paper towels usually tho I let it dry in the fridge for a few hours then cook

Probably too late for today's cook, but for what it's worth: I brined, rinsed, patted it dry and let it sit on the counter for about 15 minutes. Then it went into the smoker. It turned out great.

I always like to pull mine from the brine the night before the cook and let it sit in the fridge overnight to rest. I always cook my turkeys at at least 325, but usually closer to 400 and still like to rest them to dehydrate the skin.

I pull from brine and let sit 1-2 hrs at room temp after washing and drying. Gives brine a chance to even out and time to warm a little be for hitting smoker. Takes less time to get back to temp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well, I have to say thanks to everyone for their help. This was the best turkey I have made to date. Now I will confess I didn't smoke it, but I did brine it. And when it was done, I couldn't get the juice to stop ozzing out of the bird. I let it rest on the counter in a foil tent for about 30-45 min. and I had to empty my turkey carving board 3 times. Even after I cut it up there was still alot of juice in it. I will never do another turkey with out brining. Sorry no pic's but I was to busy cutting and plating to get the camera.

Back