THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
So I'm gonna be cold smoking bacon soon in my kamado style grill so I needed to come up with a method.....cheaply. ive seen how great the a-maze-n pellet smoker works and thought I could easily make something similar. I bent some left over expanded metal I had in the garage and spread the pellets in it. The pellets were falling through the holes so I wrapped it with HD foil and put a bunch of small holes in it for air. I lit one side with a $15 propane torch from walmart, let it burn for a minute or so, the blew the flame. It worked great! The amount in the picture will last about 3 hours or more. I smoked some extra sharp cheddar yesterday and it's now in the fridge. I'm gonna try it in about a week. What do you guys think?

8a2eza7e.jpg

enyna2e4.jpg

2y5y2ure.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully it does turn out good. That was my first cold smoke so I'm anxious to find out. Next time I think I will probably put a bowl of ice in the pit, the temp got up to 90 at one point.

Buy it... Made by good people... Met them at the Royal. (I know, the Peoria Meat Monster is made by good people too but it's more than $25!)

Buy it... Made by good people... Met them at the Royal. (I know, the Peoria Meat Monster is made by good people too but it's more than $25!)

Supporting a good product is a big reason why I will buy it one day, not because I need it :D

Back