THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Old digital gauge died. What do you recommend?

Looking at getting another Maverick. I want a good quality unit with a remote readout. Seems hard to beat the Maverick Redi Check for $49.99 delivered.

What else should I be looking at?

Mav et-732 is tried and true. The 733 has had its share of problems so waiting for those bugs to get worked out wouldn't be a bad thing. The 732 is a great unit.

I love my 732 but the probes can be a problem. Only use it for smoking. Get a Thermapop ot Thermapen for grilling. Don't ask how I know this!

I say the maverick 732 as well, i have an early version of a maverick and it kicks my igrills but for reliability

Honestly, Mav 732 or 733.....can't go wrong. I also have the iGrill. I love it, despite the negative reviews on it.

I have a couple of mavericks but I actually prefer the "backyard grill" one from Wal-Mart. The lead is plastic/rubber covered so I never use it on the grill but I've had much better luck with it than the maverick where the probes are pretty easy to damage. I don't remember what I paid but it was probably about 20. My wife picked up another on closeout last year for $4.

The only thing I don't like is there is no display on the transmitter unit but that's not a huge issue. It's the one I use first at this point.

I'm pleased with the ET-732. It's hard to beat it for the price. I've had mine for a year with no problems whatsoever. I have a hole drilled in all of my smokers with a rubber grommet inserted for the probe and wire to pass through. Keeping the weight off of the wire should help lengthen the life of the probes.

$44.90 delivered

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Et-732-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer/dp/B004IMA718/"]Amazon.com: Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ci95tscGL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Ci95tscGL[/ame]

I'm liking the 733. First time using it and have nothing to compare to it due to just getting into smoking, but seems like it is working quite well!

Back