Rack of Lamb for just us

okiej

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Already did the family Christmas. Just the Wife and I today. Did some Rack of Lamb (sorry for lousy pictures). I seasoned with Oakridge Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub and and set in fridge while smoker heated up. Smoked with Oak at 250 till IT 115. Rested while kettle got hot for sear. Seared to IT 130-135. Rested and sliced. Ate a few and they were really good. Wife likes hers more done so I seasoned what was left and seared on both sides. I think it was even better. I'll probably do that again. First time with that rub. It's really good. Pictures didn't do it justice. I was more interested in eating.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 110
Second picture shows you cooked them perfect,looking great

Thanks Titch. I was surprised how good they were when overcooked in pic 3. Very forgiving. I always forget how much fat there is till I go for the sear and it flames up. LOL.

mchar69, the Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub is really good. Next time I think I'll actually use it on a steak

Thanks Titch. I was surprised how good they were when overcooked in pic 3. Very forgiving. I always forget how much fat there is till I go for the sear and it flames up. LOL.

mchar69, the Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub is really good. Next time I think I'll actually use it on a steak

NO 3 Exactly how my wife likes them.the char on the fat:whoo:

that looks awesome. I'm going to have to find out what's in that rub and try that soon!

Man, those are beautiful. Rack of Lamb is one of my very favorite cooks.

So what do you think of Carne Crosta on it? I have it but don't use it very often. Never thought of coffee flavors with lamb.

I liked the Carne Crosta on it. First time I have used it on anything. I would use it again if I cooked a rack tomorrow

Back