THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bproffer

Take a breath!
I put a 15lb packer on at about 1230am. Now at 11, it is really close to being done, but we arent eating until 5~6. I have kept my pit temp right about 240~250 and it cooked a bit faster than I thought it would.

It has about 30min-1hr left to go on the smoker and I am going to need to foil and throw it in the cooler. I have 2 questions. I am planning on making burnt ends with the point and reserve a little to throw into some beans. Do I seperate the flat and point before foiling and putting in the cooler?

Also, When I foil, should I spray the brisket with anything (applejuice/vinegar mix?) before wrapping it and throwing it in the cooler?

Thanks!

Bryan

Last edited:
Me, I would seperate it before coolering. Get the burnt ends started.
I would probably spray or sprinkle with some apple juice or something like that before wrapping in foil.

Back