Questions for Recteq RT-700 Bull owners

RossD

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Ross
Hey guys, I'm asking Recteq RT-700 owners for their real world experience. I've got an 40 inch wide off-brand pellet smoker that I've modded with a PID controller and convection fan. Even with the effort, I still have a big difference in temps from one side to the other - minimum of 15 degrees, sometimes as much as 30-40+ degrees; add to that necessity for mental computation of what temp to set the controller to get the pit temp I want, and I'm ready to step up (a little) for a better pellet smoker. I've been told that the RT-700 not only maintains the set temp really well, but is even on temps across the grate from left to right, front to back. Also have been told that the RT-700 seems to put out more smoke than the average pellet smoker. Can any of you Recteq owners share your experience to confirm/correct what I've been told? BTW, I'm afraid a Yoder, Mak, Pitts & Spitts, etc. are out of my price range, so I'm really only interested in experiences on the Recteq. Thanks!

I have the older 680 but I’d say that in general, the temperature is pretty even across the surface, certainly better than 40 degrees. It’s also stable when running, though sometimes takes a bit to stabilize when starting off at a low temp. I don’t know about it having more smoke. Down low, with the smoke setting engaged, I can get a nice smoke profile but it takes time. I don’t know how different it is than comparable smokers and I haven’t seen a side by side with a Rectec likes been done here recently with MAK and Yoder

Owned my 700 just over a year. Went from a WSM 22" to the 700. I kinda feel bad for my WSM now, because the 700 is all I pretty much use now. I absolutely love the 700. Super easy to use, even temps, I think it gets a great smoke flavor/profile. Can't say enough good things about it.

Back