THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JBirdP

Knows what WELOCME spells.
Name or Nickame
JBirdP
Bought my pellet grill a while back and have a year old PK360 (Love it for steaks) and use both regularly. I miss the wood flavor to be honest so I have been thinking about the 24X36 reverse offset so I emailed Shirley and they aren't taking orders again until mid May after their move?

I can wait but I was curious if others had a different idea or recommendation other than a straight up stick burner? I am thinking maybe vertical or a little more "automatic" stick burner? I have tried searching without luck. My pellet grill is okay at best on flavor and the PK360 is great but cumbersome and small to smoke on and I miss the wood flavor to be honest.

I'm not scared of the stick burner but thought I would search some since I have plenty of time if I go with the Shirley.

Thanks for any input.

There are plenty of other reverse flow builders out there besides Shirley. Where in the USA are you located?

Thanks very much for the input and I'll check out the KBQ C-60. Also, I live in south western Indiana.

I was starting to wonder as I asked the question and heard crickets...LOL. T
hought I might have did something wrong. Just looking for ideas and I appreciate the input. I bought the PK360 because of this website so I value the opinions of others here.

Plenty other quality builders of stickburners out there. Of course if it is really important to impress the cool kids on this site then you need to own a Mak pellet grill or Shirley stick burner. Or better yet own both. But if you merely want to make yourself happy and impressing strangers on the internet isn’t your thing, then there are countless quality builders out there. Depending on where you are located and what your budget you can find something that will do a great job. Here in the Houston area we have Gator, Klose, Lone star grills, JJ, pitts and spits and a few Indy welders. You can even get a decent quality Old Country shipped from Academy to hold you over. Plenty options out there

Plenty other quality builders of stickburners out there. Of course if it is really important to impress the cool kids on this site then you need to own a Mak pellet grill or Shirley stick burner. Or better yet own both. But if you merely want to make yourself happy and impressing strangers on the internet isn’t your thing, then there are countless quality builders out there. Depending on where you are located and what your budget you can find something that will do a great job. Here in the Houston area we have Gator, Klose, Lone star grills, JJ, pitts and spits and a few Indy welders. You can even get a decent quality Old Country shipped from Academy to hold you over. Plenty options out there

I must say your post is pretty off the mark. Just so you know, even after I receive my MAK 1 grill I still will not be able to impress the cool kids on this or any other site. Just thought you should know.

But thanks for assuming that the reason I purchased the MAK 1 was to impress people and that the scheme would work.

Last edited:
Agreed on the KBQ, sounds like it will fit your bill...

Never heard anything bad about them or the food that come off of them.

Bought my pellet grill a while back and have a year old PK360 (Love it for steaks) and use both regularly. I miss the wood flavor to be honest so I have been thinking about the 24X36 reverse offset so I emailed Shirley and they aren't taking orders again until mid May after their move?

I can wait but I was curious if others had a different idea or recommendation other than a straight up stick burner? I am thinking maybe vertical or a little more "automatic" stick burner? I have tried searching without luck. My pellet grill is okay at best on flavor and the PK360 is great but cumbersome and small to smoke on and I miss the wood flavor to be honest.

I'm not scared of the stick burner but thought I would search some since I have plenty of time if I go with the Shirley.

Thanks for any input.

I have my Pitmaker stick burner listed for sale in the for sale forum. IMO it's one of the best with the smoke lock technology.... and, it's right here in Louisville.

Back