THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A

ApronGuy

Our very first BBQ Cookoff was a tremendous success. It was held in Austin at the Texas Culinary Academy. The competition was kind of small-time with only 25 total teams participating and many of the student teams. There were no prizes awarded, just glory. Mainly, I think it was just a fund-raising or membership drive to the Texas Culinary Academy.

All that said, let me just say this: 1ST PLACE BRISKET! 1ST PLACE RIBS! 2ND PLACE CHICKEN!

I believe that I am officially hooked. It was so much fun cooking the food, but I really enjoyed serving the public the burnt ends. You would think they had died and gone to heaven.

Here are some pics.

brisket_champ.jpg

team_pic.jpg

thepit.jpg

Thanks to everyone here for their advice and encouragement.

I was wondering the same thing.

BTW, great job!

Ha ha!

That's so we can stay up all night and tend the fire. Also, beer may have been involved.

Really, I used that giant empty box of diapers to transport rubs and other gear.

Back