THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D

Drew_71646

I am brand new to competition cooking. I am been currently using a offset stick custom trailer smoker at a few local competitions. I have a Traeger Texas at home and fell in love with pellet smokers. I do not like having to babysit a pit all night! I have been doing research on pellet smokers already mounted on trailers. I have been looking at the Traeger Com190 and the GMG Big Pig. Can anyone offer any pros/cons or experiences with these 2 smokers? I am open to any other suggestions on other pellet smoker brands. I do not want one that I have to mount on a trailer myself. I am mechanically challenged!

I'm sure Yoder would mount a YS1500 on a trailer. Yes it would cost more than the comp cart model, but it could be done I bet. I'm thrilled with mine and I can't wait to take it to comps.

I hope this isn't innappropriate, but I have a custom stick and pellet fired smoker mounted to a trailer that is for sale. I have used it in several comps, and there is no baby-sitting involved. If you are interested in discussing it, PM me. It is listed in the Brethren Ventures section here.

dmp

I've got a dual burner Woodmaster. Works well, cooks hot, doesn't eat mass quantities of pellets! It's very particular about power though. I've cooked a couple of contests with it and gotten calls.

I have owned a few cookers and regardless of brand, fuel source, type, I would consider insulation. Granted I live in Kansas and the winters are a little worse than AR, but in my experience, you can use up to 75% less fuel in a well insulated cooker than a similar non-insulated cooker.

Eric

I've got a dual burner Woodmaster. Works well, cooks hot, doesn't eat mass quantities of pellets! It's very particular about power though. I've cooked a couple of contests with it and gotten calls.

The woodmaster website says no dealers found in our area. What is a price on their mini hog? Is this the model you have?

Back