pulled pork and slaw sandwich

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
Looks very tasty RTD, I would like to have one with a nice big glass of lemonade

thanks, guys.

someone is pm'ing me and saying they can't believe i came in 11th. posting photos of pork on a bun with slaw is completely different than submitting a pork box at a comp.

someone is also also asking me for a "bbq competition for dummies" website. go to the KCBS website and read. go to the competition section of this forum and read. i have no idea what i am doing at comps so i really can't help you. sorry, but i'm a rookie and you need to go elsewhere to learn about it just like i've tried to do.

Found the info I wanted in the KCBS rules and after reading one of the long detailed threads (the appearance comments on Bigmista's practice cook from several years ago)about comp, I fully understand what you said about the difference between a sandwich and a pork box at a comp.

Had no idea some people trimmed the garnish with eyebrow scissors:mrgreen:

And I can see how your skill in presentation wouldn't really count with a 9 x 9 styrofoam box with limited choice of garnishes.

I was dumb enough to think it was all about the food.........................................

Thanks - appreciate you taking time to address my questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Back