THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roadpir8

Name or Nickame
Serge
So I swear Google listens to my thoughts, so I always get bbq and cocktail recipe suggestions and this one came across my feed:
https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-pulled-beef/
Pulled pork's less famous cousin, pulled beef. The recipe intrigued me and reminded me of a lot of things I had read here on the forums when it came to cooking beef, like using a simple rub of just salt, pepper and garlic.
So I went all in and got 28+ pounds of prime chuck roast from Costco. Covid cooking for friends, my parents and my wife's parents who are willing to gamble on my cooking, and all I ask is they cover my costs (I don't charge our folks!).
I followed the recipe exactly and it came out great! I will definitely be doing this again. One thing I did do that was not in the recipe, is I heated my stock up before putting it the pans so I wouldn't have a big temp drop.
28+ lbs of pot roast was not a problem for the Limo Jr. I could have easily fit more meat, but I needed space for when the beef went into pans half way through. I had six half pans in there. Total cook time was 8 hours.

Attachments

Back