Pulled Beef in the Limo Jr

Roadpir8

Name or Nickame
Serge
So I swear Google listens to my thoughts, so I always get bbq and cocktail recipe suggestions and this one came across my feed:
https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-pulled-beef/
Pulled pork's less famous cousin, pulled beef. The recipe intrigued me and reminded me of a lot of things I had read here on the forums when it came to cooking beef, like using a simple rub of just salt, pepper and garlic.
So I went all in and got 28+ pounds of prime chuck roast from Costco. Covid cooking for friends, my parents and my wife's parents who are willing to gamble on my cooking, and all I ask is they cover my costs (I don't charge our folks!).
I followed the recipe exactly and it came out great! I will definitely be doing this again. One thing I did do that was not in the recipe, is I heated my stock up before putting it the pans so I wouldn't have a big temp drop.
28+ lbs of pot roast was not a problem for the Limo Jr. I could have easily fit more meat, but I needed space for when the beef went into pans half way through. I had six half pans in there. Total cook time was 8 hours.

Attachments

• loaded Limo Jr.jpg
    loaded Limo Jr.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 108
  • before wrapping.jpg
    before wrapping.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 107
Back