THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Hance
NewImage.jpg

Bubba Grills did (Ribs anyway, and I think they were RGC) at Memphis in May.

Not us, but I do compete against them, and my entries look very similar... We've come 2nd to these guys on more than one occasion. Hopefully we'll hand them a slice of humble pie this fall (next time I compete against him) :)

Here's a pic of our basic display (sans meat):
DSC00356.jpg

We'll just put the ribs or the shoulder on a very nice cutting board and slide it in the slot/space up front. They have a HUGE team with multiple people responsible only for that display. We're just 4 guys with 2 of us doing 70% of it... We make do....

Lonnie (of Bubba Grills) makes a helluva rib, for certain! I actually think he's better at whole hog, but I suppose he didn't want to go up against Pete at Yazoo's Delta Q. I don't know...

Yes, mine is noticeably gone from the pic above. Let me see, I think I have a pic from a fan when I was doing a presentation of whole shoulder:
P1020127.jpg

Oh, hey, here's one where I'd just set a rib on there (prep for next person):
P1020137.jpg

Back