Pro BBQ Advice Needed - how to find the perfect time

Sauce is for people that can't cook well IMHO.

jsh, I respectfully disagree with that statement. If you are so much of a purest about adding sauce for flavor, then adding rub is the same thing. Adding the appropriate amount of sauce or rub on the meat or on the side makes a good chef's talent shine. I honestly think cooking most meats with no sauce and no rubs meaning that, people can't cook well, isn't accurate. Don't get pi$$y with me bro. Just a thought.

Right. With rubs and sauces, appropriate amount is part of the key here. Having a complimentary flavor is another part. When I make or eat Q with sauce, I enjoy it so much better if it's not overpowering and is a good match with the rub and the meat.

DSC04838b.jpg

Now in all honesty, a guy or gal that regularly uses sauce does so for a particular reason....... they like it. And when folks ask for it, it's because they like it.... which is good enough for me. Personally, I'm not a sauce guy, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to use it. And it sure doesn't mean I won't serve it on the table.

Back