THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scotts1919

Full Fledged Farker
Morning all. I was wondering if any brethren have the primo xl rotisserie attachment? If so, do you like it? I’ve seen mixed reviews online.

Thanks

As an owner of a Primo XL as well as a Weber kettle rotisserie setup, I’m not sure the Primo’s shape is ideal for a rotisserie, for my style of rotisserie cooking. I like for my rotisserie cooking to be fully indirect, with no juices dripping directly onto coals, using the radiant heat to do the hard work. It seems to me that the meat would be too close to the coals, resulting in direct heat and/or juices from the meat dripping into the coals. I haven’t seen many reviews online for them, so maybe I’m off base….I am glad that the new owners appear to be bringing some new features into the mix, though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the honest opinion and thoughts. I was thinking the same on your points. As you mentioned it I think the Weber rotisserie is the way to go on a kettle.

On a side note when did primo change owners? Is it a good thing?

Thanks

I like for my rotisserie cooking to be fully indirect, with no juices dripping directly onto coals

I always thought the smoke from the juice dripping into the coals and burning is what adds a lot of flavor to the meat. Otherwise, it's like an indoor electric oven rotisserie flavor which is not a bad thing if that's what you're going for. Give me my smokey goodness!

Back