THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Didn't get a pic after i cooked them. My wife and I bought a new travel trailer and went camping this weekend. It has a gas grill that attaches to the rear bumper so I grabbed these beauties to try it out. The steaks had to be moved a lot because the grill has a metal plate over the burner that makes for three long narrow heat zones. I will be looking into making or buying and adapting a different grill to burn wood/charcoal. Oh, the steaks were very good.

7136_10201414253624963_1100779913_n_zps713ba9a5.jpg

I wanted to add that, having to move them a lot equated to Meathead's latest method of flipping every minute. I've always preached the "flip once" doctrine but now I have to renounce it. The crust was amazing and only went to a very short depth. The rest was medium rare all the way through. Best steaks I've ever grilled.

Back