Prime Rib on the Weber.

GammaRei

Full Fledged Farker
Prime Rib was on sale. . . Told the wife that I wanted to make one with a longer smoke.

Tried something new for me, mustard as the binder. I used regular mustard and Kinders "Prime Rib" rub. Let it sit overnight prior to smoking it.
8eiVgOth.jpg

At about 6 hours we were looking good and the temp was at 120, time to pull and let it rest.
jU40g2Rh.jpg

I let it rest for about 2 hours until the temperature started to drop. Then it sat in a warm oven to prevent it from rapidly cooling prior to slicing.
kwry5Duh.jpg

And here it is served with au jus and yorkshire puddings (which was made from the beef drippings that had accumulated smoke in the bottom of the Q).

Looks perfect! How did you like the mustard and Kinders?

Oh yea....and what are those two round rings on the plate?

Looks perfect! How did you like the mustard and Kinders?

Oh yea....and what are those two round rings on the plate?

Those are yorkshire puddings, I dont know why theyre called puddings. Theyre english popovers that you can make with the remaining beef fat. Here is a recipe on how to make them.

I liked the Kinders seasoning, I also thought that the mustard worked out well. I was a little wary about it. I will try it on other items from this point on. . .

https://www.food.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-yorkshire-pudding-424498

- G

I was gonna say it looked like popover dough but thought I better not since I could have been way off base. Too funny.

We had a place here in Clearwater called The Kapok Tree that had the best muffin style popovers. They became known/famous for that side item. Sadly, had to close down. It had a huge Kapok tree growing through the roof of the place.

Love popovers. Need to make some now. Thanks a lot!

Back