THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GC8

Knows what a fatty is.
Fair warning, I had to grab another beer to just compose this thread...so I recommend you go grab one yourself.

Onto the feast. It's the gf's last night lifeguarding and she's going to a lifeguarding party so I spent the night with my dog and a huge steak. I'm okay with that.

Enough talking, on with the pr0n:

Prior to tonight, I always made "baked" potatoes in the microwave :frusty: but never again! Here's the chosen Yukon Gold that turned me:
null-15.jpg

Coated in EVOO and a healthy dosage of salt:
null-17.jpg

Wrapped and ready for the grill:
null-18.jpg

My lovely setup. In the last couple of months, my 22.5" has gotten more use as a SJS stand than anything else:
null-19.jpg

All the essentials:
null-31.jpg

As I mentioned before, it was just me and the dog (Ralphie). If I treat myself with a huge steak, he at least gets a little something:
null-20.jpg

Cooking buddy Ralphie sitting politely waiting for his treat (ignore the horrible lawn):
null-21.jpg

Potato is on the grill:
null-23.jpg

On to the main event. A 1.37lb porterhouse:
null-26.jpg

Another view:
null-27.jpg

Seasoned with my favorite seasoning. Gotta love the creepy dog treat angel in the background:
null-28.jpg

All seasoned up and ready to go:
null-29.jpg

The tater is pretty much done:
null-33.jpg

Let's not forget about Ralphie. How's he doing? Looking good:
null-24.jpg

Caveman style:
null-35.jpg

Flipped:
null-39.jpg

Plated with potato and Caesar salad:
null-41.jpg

Glamour shots of both the Porterhouse & potato:
null-42.jpg

null-48.jpg

Rumor has it the Brethren enjoy a good money shot. Enjoy:
null-47.jpg

null-45.jpg

null-46.jpg

null-50.jpg

null-51.jpg

Damn but that is a nice piece of meat! Love it! Spud looks great too. I turned my wife onto smoked, baked potatoes. We love them. The spuds pick up a real nice smoke flavor. Think smoked potato salad (really good) or smoked mashed potatoes. I run the spuds anywhere from 275-350 depending on what else I am cooking.

• Thanks
Reactions: GC8
Damn but that is a nice piece of meat! Love it! Spud looks great too. I turned my wife onto smoked, baked potatoes. We love them. The spuds pick up a real nice smoke flavor. Think smoked potato salad (really good) or smoked mashed potatoes. I run the spuds anywhere from 275-350 depending on what else I am cooking.

I'm officially sworn off the nuke potatoes. I'm going to start trying them every which way on the grill!

Great job, looks fantastic, and Ralphie looks to be a good & happy pup!

But what is this "salad" thing you speak of?:confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: GC8
Back