Pork Chops reverse seared

Enrico Brandizzi

Babbling Farker
Hi my BBQ Friends,!
I want to share with Y'All my laste try at PORK CHOPS.
I asked my butcher for 3 big pork chops, bone in.
Finished with 3 fingers high chops and I went for S&P and BluesHog for the second one.
the third went in freezer to rest for next time.
Settled the 26 OTG for indirect reverse action. Cooking T was 300-330F and chops cooked for 01:15 hours till 140F IT.
Then I poured 1 regular chimney in the OTG and let the GrillGrates come to T.
6 minutes of searing action and chops were done.
Super moist, a slight smoke ring too. Great taste but maybe the BluesHog needed some sauce too!

IMG_0882 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0887 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0901 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0902 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0910 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0913 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0914 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0919 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0921 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_0926 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

Thanks for stopping
Enrico

I am curious...

Why did the blues hog chop need sauce? Was the rub too salty? I have never used blues hog rub but good pork chops would be my choice over a t-bone and you can hold the sauce if it is cooked well. The pics look juicy.

Love reading your threads. I was curious if you ever take your American style Bbq skills and use them for traditional Italian dishes? If so I'd love to see how you incorporate smoking into your local menu.

Love reading your threads. I was curious if you ever take your American style Bbq skills and use them for traditional Italian dishes? If so I'd love to see how you incorporate smoking into your local menu.

Decoy, no way!
I am not able to cook anything apart grilling meat!
But I have to inform You that in early 2013 I usually lighted grill with lighter fluid!!
I believe I improved my tecnique a lot in this 3 years but I know its a loooong way to go.

Decoy, no way!
I am not able to cook anything apart grilling meat!
But I have to inform You that in early 2013 I usually lighted grill with lighter fluid!!
I believe I improved my tecnique a lot in this 3 years but I know its a loooong way to go.

Well I would have to think based on the great looking Q you're posting you can cook anything!!

Back