THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bggarric

Knows what a fatty is.
So, a few days ago I posted a request for directions on cooking a great porkchop, and as usual the brethren gave me some really great advice. :clap2:

If you'd like to read that thread, it can be found http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96894

After reading over the suggestions, I decided to go with Swibiruns method (Post #16).

I took the primo up to about 550 and seared the chops for about 2 minutes per side. I then went indirect at about 400 until the internal reached 140 on the chops.

The chops were probably a little over 1 inch thick and were the best pork chops I've ever made. They were rubbed with Dizzy Pig's Raging River rub (mostly because I hadn't tried that one yet). My roommate rubbed his with Dizzy Dust and I think I preferred that.

I've read that Simply Marvelous cherry or pecan works really well on pork, so hopefully one day I can get my hands on some of that and try it too! :-o

The chops were served with some horseradish mashed potatoes (which were fantastic), some green beans, and a tall glass of sweet tea.

Thanks for looking and thanks again for all of your advice. They really did turn out great!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 138
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 136
That Swibirun guy can't cook a lick. Have you ever looked at his blog? I think he uses it to pick up chicks in cyber-space. And the people he associates with in the blogosphere, bunch of snobs!

That is a really nice looking pork chop though.

It all looks fantastic! The only thing I would have done differently is throw a little applesauce on that plate - but it looks like them fine lookin' chops don't need no help!

Back