THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

meinbmw

Knows what a fatty is.
I am looking for suggestions on how to smoke up some pork cheeks. The ones I was given are approx. in the 4-5 ounce each range.

What can you folks offer me for advice on how to prepare them?

This is interesting, something I never would have thought to smoke. Make sure to post an update!

Also, anyone familiar with the price of pork cheeks? I have heard they are awesome but never actually looked into getting some.

Correct ... not the same thing.

I will give it a shot ... maybe smoke at 225 for 2 hours then foil/braise as you suggested?

I just went to lunch the other day (on the vendors dime :-D ) and the swanky place we went had this on the menu:

Pork Cheeks Braised in Hard Cider

Puree of Winter Root Vegetables, Savoy Cabbage, Cipollini Onions
& House Preserved Mustard Seeds 25.

It was so good, I have spent the last three days trying to figure out where I can buy these tasty little suckers to cook myself!...

Most of the recipes I found involved braising, but I would think they would smoke up nicely!

I've got some friends that butcher hogs in the winter months and I have them save some for me (the always end up in the kettle)

Its fine eating but must be cooked for a while, there are lines of connective tissue throughout the meat. Cook it hot and fast= shoe leather(or worse)

I have never smoked them, although its now on my mind. I usually throw them in a slow cooker and cook them all day. Makes great a great taco

Back