THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sweet, i look forward to using it man. thanks. youll read and hopefully see my results :)

Plowboy said:
Thanks everyone for the interest. I feel like a drug dealer with my scale and baggies sitting on the coffee table in the living room. :cool:

You need someone to come kick in your front door for the full effect?
What about a drive by on your crib?

Plowboy said:
Everyone is getting 1 3/4 oz of rub. Enough to get a good taste. I made a second batch tonight with a finer grain of sea salt instead of the coarse kosher. Tried it on loin center cut chops tonight. Couldn't tell the difference. The new batch looks better since the grains are more uniform.

Going out tomorrow...

Thanks everyone for the interest. I feel like a drug dealer with my scale and baggies sitting on the coffee table in the living room. :cool:

I'll be waiting with Beer Baited breath!!!:icon_smil

I'm just a good ol boy from Texas, who now lives in California (because of the wife) and I'm dying for a good rub. All we have out here is Tofu and Soy Milk. Have you ever tasted Tofu on a barbeque pit? It just ain't happening.
Oh by the by....I just ordered a Brinkmann King Deluxe Smoker/Grill and should have it in about 3 weeks. And I sent you my address by PM. So I sure would like to get a lil of that rub on my grill....if you know what I mean?
Thanks and hi all....

Guys, I sure would love to send everyone a sample, but I just had to quit. I've had almost 40 requests come in. I had to stop at 20. Sorry. Thanks for the interest.

For those that are new to the site, watch for the sauce/rub trades that Arlin arranges from time to time. A great way to taste product from other parts of the country.

Obviously, there has been good reaction to this, but I'd still like to hear form those that have received a sample and haven't replied yet. You don't have to post. You can send me and email or PM. If it wasn't to your liking, that's fine.

Plowboy said:
Guys, I sure would love to send everyone a sample, but I just had to quit. I've had almost 40 requests come in. I had to stop at 20. Sorry. Thanks for the interest.

Can i have a sample?

Sledneck said:
Can i have a sample?
I'm bringing a shaker with me to NY next week with your name on it, Sled! That was already planned.

Got my label design off to the printer today. Might be three weeks before I'll have them. We think we have our first local store that would be willing to carry them. Getting a little exciting.

EDIT: We are working on another rub that we like that we use for a general pork rub, but I think it is fairly general purpose. I'm thinking of the name: Critter Rub. If we had a season salt, I was thinking Critter Salt... but we don't. Thought Critter kinda went with the plowboy, hayseed, Elle May kinda theme.

Attachments

• yardbirdlabel.jpg
    yardbirdlabel.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Rock on Plowboy!!!! I never told you but I dig the flamed tractor.
I think I wrote my comments on my own post last weekend, but I'll tell you here.
The stuff rocks!!! I used it on a whole chicken, and what was left over I used on a fattie. Comments: balanced, not one component ie, heat sweet, or spice cancels out the other. Usually MY rubs are usually too hot for everybody. Most important, it didn't over power the chicken.

Good job Plow! Now when can we buy some from you?

Single Fin Smoker said:
Rock on Plowboy!!!! I never told you but I dig the flamed tractor.
I think I wrote my comments on my own post last weekend, but I'll tell you here.
The stuff rocks!!! I used it on a whole chicken, and what was left over I used on a fattie. Comments: balanced, not one component ie, heat sweet, or spice cancels out the other. Usually MY rubs are usually too hot for everybody. Most important, it didn't over power the chicken.

Good job Plow! Now when can we buy some from you?

Cool. Thanks for being a test kitchen. I've got it now. Sold 6 shakers already. Just gotta email or PM me. Labels are about three weeks out.

I'll gladly help anyone wanting to package their own products by sharing what I know... which isn't much :wink:. I know the Brethren sure helped us.

Plowboy said:
I'm bringing a shaker with me to NY next week with your name on it, Sled! That was already planned.

Got my label design off to the printer today. Might be three weeks before I'll have them. We think we have our first local store that would be willing to carry them. Getting a little exciting.

EDIT: We are working on another rub that we like that we use for a general pork rub, but I think it is fairly general purpose. I'm thinking of the name: Critter Rub. If we had a season salt, I was thinking Critter Salt... but we don't. Thought Critter kinda went with the plowboy, hayseed, Elle May kinda theme.

Nice lable.......:biggrin:

Plowboy,
Thanks for the sample that you sent. I used it a couple of weeks ago, and the dam fam loved it!

Best of luck with it..I'll definately be a customer!

PB,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. First, I liked your rub on the tortilla. It is very similar to the rub that I have been making lately, and I would consider buying it from you. Also, I will be using some that I have left on a few ribs this weekend to compare against a couple of other rubs. Your new logo looks great also!

Thanks for the sample Plowboy. I haven't smoked anything with it yet, but plan on the next time I do. Tasted great as a finger sample.

If you plan on going big guns with this, you really need to purchase a UPC code ( Bar Code ) Most major markets will not take a product without it.

Contact me and I will give you the low down.

Spice

spicewine said:
If you plan on going big guns with this, you really need to purchase a UPC code ( Bar Code ) Most major markets will not take a product without it.

Contact me and I will give you the low down.

Spice
Thanks, Jay. Label maker talked to me about this, too. I'm looking into it, but may purchase my first set of labels without it so I don't have to wait longer. I left some space in the upper right for a UPC.

$ 750.00 Bucks minimum!! But by changing the last 3 numbers you can use it for a number of products. There is also a yearly renewal fee which is bull ***t but when they got ya by the balls!!!!

Good luck!!

Spice

Back