PK Grill Vs Weber 22" Kettle?

I've been a Weber man for better than 30 years, but I bought the PK 360 just before Christmas because they had a decent sale and I had some overtime $$ to spend. It's a really nice grill. REALLY nice. The temperature stability is amazing, and I feel I have better control on it than I did my Weber kettles. It may be because it's new, too, and I'm in my honeymoon period with it. I can tell you my wife and I both think the quality of the food I've been cooking has gone up since I started cooking on the PK 360.

I also have an old vintage aluminum the size/shape of the PK Classic, except it opens on the long side, not the short side. I really like the way this thing cooks too - great for quick burgers, but I've made some banging roast beef for sandwiches on it too.

If you can swing it - I'd go with the PK 360.

This is also my experience. I still have my 1980 Weber Kettle and a stainless performer, and I will probably never sell them, but I find that i use the PK360 a lot more often.

Honestly, I like toys :-D so I bought my first PK360 specifically to do steak competitions. Between the 360 and grill grates it is a steak cooking machine. We took 2nd place in our first steak cookoff using the 360 (our second one ever). Since buying it and using it for more than just steaks I bought a second one (gently used, great deal).

Put me in the weber 26 camp, but I'm leaning towards adding add a PK360 eventually

At some point my wife will cut me off from buying grills, so I need to choose wisely

Honestly, I like toys :-D so I bought my first PK360 specifically to do steak competitions. Between the 360 and grill grates it is a steak cooking machine. We took 2nd place in our first steak cookoff using the 360 (our second one ever). Since buying it and using it for more than just steaks I bought a second one (gently used, great deal).

This has me leaning towards the PK360, I am a steak eating machine. :becky:

Never had a kettle, but had a PK classic for 20+ years. It is quite capable. I have cooked directly over the fire, and it is very good at that. I also have smoked turkeys etc, by using the indirect method with the vent under the fire and over the turkey open, with the other two closed. It is a very durable cooker. Mine finally corroded through, mostly because I left the ashes in it and they got wet. It took many times doing this before it was done. If I had kept it dry, I would still have it....

I prefer my Weber 26 over my PK Classic. I’m actually trying to get rid of the PK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad that you are in New York and I am in Texas. I might be interested....

I’d like to find a way to get it to you that didn’t cost a fortune. Perhaps I could disassemble the cart to make it more compact? PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back