THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
First "pizza night" w/ the Memphis Elite was a resounding success.

I ran it at 600 degrees with a few bricks over the firebox to raise the pizza stone up some and get a little more radiant heat deflected down to the pizza toppings.

Crispy crust and done toppings in about 7 and a half to 8 minutes. Couldn't have been happier with the outcome. I snapped a couple of pics, but we probably cooked 6-7 pies in total some veggie for the Catholic folks observing lent.

fpopmq3l.jpg

UdoRZ8zl.jpg

Rpxl0fWl.jpg

Those look fantastic! Seems there’s enough cooking real estate that you could’ve set yourself up to knock out 3 pies at a time?

Those look fantastic! Seems there’s enough cooking real estate that you could’ve set yourself up to knock out 3 pies at a time?

Yeah there is a ton of space in the Memphis which was one of my requirements since I basically retired my FEC-100 to competitions only when I put my outdoor kitchen in. I ordered some more of the shelves (only comes with one skinny shelf) so I'll have even more cooking space.

Nice work on the pies, look delicious!

What was the outside temp the day you cooked those, and how long (approx) did it take for the Elite to come up to 600°? Just curious.

Back