THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That looks GREAT, thanks for the pics, how do you do the pizza dough, can or fresh, want to try, also like the way you did not try to make the perfect round pizza,

Many grocery stores sell pizza dough in the bakery section - a little easier than making your own...

Looks great!

If I may make a suggestion...

I learned how to make pizza at a Chicago area pizzeria when I lived there. My father's friend owned the place. Many pizzerias in Chicagoland put raw Italian sausage on their thin crust pies, under the cheese. In your photos it looks like you precooked your sausage (onions & mushrooms too). I know it sounds strange and unsafe, I thought so too. My father's friend ran his oven at 500 F, just like you said you had your BGE. 500 F is hot enough to cook the sausage in a short time. Surprisingly it won't make the pizza greasy either. The sausage will turn out moist and cooked through. Make a test pizza and you will see!

I love that last picture Ross, you've got it made. :cool::biggrin: Great looking pizza!!

Looks great!

If I may make a suggestion...

I learned how to make pizza at a Chicago area pizzeria when I lived there. My father's friend owned the place. Many pizzerias in Chicagoland put raw Italian sausage on their thin crust pies, under the cheese. In your photos it looks like you precooked your sausage (onions & mushrooms too). I know it sounds strange and unsafe, I thought so too. My father's friend ran his oven at 500 F, just like you said you had your BGE. 500 F is hot enough to cook the sausage in a short time. Surprisingly it won't make the pizza greasy either. The sausage will turn out moist and cooked through. Make a test pizza and you will see!
Thanks I'll try it

Ross

I love that last picture Ross, you've got it made. :cool::biggrin: Great looking pizza!!
Thanks Jeanie, you have it made!:icon_cool

Ross

Great job - looks wonderful!
Thanks Moose

Thanks for more great pizza pictures. Eventually I am going to learn to make pizza from you.

I appears that you just use the parchment to move the pie to the stone and then slide it out correct? I have been leaving the parchment under the pie and then I have to deal with burned parchment. But even the burned parchment does help slide the pizza off the stone and on to a pie pan.

The dough recipe http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html makes 6 6 oz crusts can you freeze it or otherwise save it?

I have been using Trader Joe's pizza crust and it works pretty well for me. Also it makes it really easy to get a pizza ready.

I got a 16" stone for Xmas and used it twice, it completely burned out my already seared felt gasket. I installed a Rutland Gasket today so hopefully the gasket problems are over.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the wonderful photography and the great pizzas.

Thanks for more great pizza pictures. Eventually I am going to learn to make pizza from you.

I appears that you just use the parchment to move the pie to the stone and then slide it out correct? I have been leaving the parchment under the pie and then I have to deal with burned parchment. But even the burned parchment does help slide the pizza off the stone and on to a pie pan.

The dough recipe http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html makes 6 6 oz crusts can you freeze it or otherwise save it?

I have been using Trader Joe's pizza crust and it works pretty well for me. Also it makes it really easy to get a pizza ready.

I got a 16" stone for Xmas and used it twice, it completely burned out my already seared felt gasket. I installed a Rutland Gasket today so hopefully the gasket problems are over.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the wonderful photography and the great pizzas.
I pull the parchment after 2 or 3 min. The dough recipe give a nice thin crust and well keep in the fridge for 3 days or the freezer for a year and the Rutland well hold up to the heat.

Ross

Back