THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clay-b-que

is Blowin Smoke!
I ordered a pizzacraft pizzaque in a lightning sale yesterday on Amazon. Wanted the black stone but figured this would be a good place to start. It will be here this week. We have made pizza in the oven before using the pizza dough from a kit bag. Just wondering if anyone has a go to pizza crust recipe??? And anything else I should try?!?

I am going to try mooses recipe but a super easy one I do is 3 1/2 to 4 cups 00 pizza flour in the cuisanart add 1 pkg quick rise yeast 1 t sugar 2 t salt mix and add 1 cup warm water slowly with 1 T evoo. Add either the full amount or until it rolls into a ball as you add it and mix. The whole thing takes me 5 minutes. Let it rise an hour in warm room split in 2 let rise again 15 minutes and either use or put in fridge for a few days.

not to hijack this thread but has anybody use the mentioned pizzacraft device he bought? What is the difference between that one and this one- [ame="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FKWLWWI/ref=psdc_13299141_t3_B00CELFJ4A"]Amazon.com: Pizzacraft Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven - PC6000: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

not to hijack this thread but has anybody use the mentioned pizzacraft device he bought? What is the difference between that one and this one- Amazon.com: Pizzacraft Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven - PC6000: Patio, Lawn & Garden

In looking at the specs, it looks like the pronto heats up faster (5 minutes) and can make a little bigger pizza (15 inch vs 18 inch openings). Other than that I can't see a difference. I thought the pronto might rotat like the black stone but I don't think that is the case. Also looks like the pizzaque is a little cheaper by like $40 but I got mine for over $100 cheaper than the pronto!

Back