THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I sadly enjoy a steak on a griddle with some butter more than over open flame most of the time. I blame Ruth's Chris.

BTW - nice video. I'd like some steak now.

Totally agree about RC. This is better with my normal 2-3- 4 inchers.

Best is my block steaks cut from select rib eye lipon

I sadly enjoy a steak on a griddle with some butter more than over open flame most of the time. I blame Ruth's Chris.

Just FFR, Ruth's Chris doesn't use a griddle. They use a broiler and they also heat the plates in the same broiler. The steak is then put on the plate and liquified butter is poured on to the steak/plate before it is carried out of the kitchen - resulting in the sizzle you hear when the plate is placed in front of you.

(I waited tables at RC for almost a year and my wife worked there for over three.)

Just FFR, Ruth's Chris doesn't use a griddle. They use a broiler and they also heat the plates in the same broiler. The steak is then put on the plate and liquified butter is poured on to the steak/plate before it is carried out of the kitchen - resulting in the sizzle you hear when the plate is placed in front of you.

(I waited tables at RC for almost a year and my wife worked there for over three.)

I ate at RC in the 1980s. Cut into the steak and it squirted its juices on my tie.... I didn't complain but the manager saw it and handed me a card.

He said "go to see this man at Foleys and get a new tie on my acct.

I did and he did. Amazing. Of course I asked the guy how they cook them and then there was no reason to go anymore.

Back