THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chargrill2369

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi. Has any one used a pitmaster IQ on their uds? I saw one today on a webber SM and thought it was a good idea. I don't have a lot of difficulty regulating my temp but thought for long smokes over night it would regulate things better so I do not have to check as often.

Never used one on a UDS but I had two different ones on two WSM's and found them to work well and were very reliable. Simple and to the point.

Used one on a WSM 18.5 when I needed todo other things than babysit, worked well no issues, good bang for the buck imo.

CIeDJ7Gl.jpg

HJPk6OLl.jpg

ipJ15yDl.jpg

I Like it - Pretty Basic - gotta set temp Higher than I'm wanting actual temp but Fantasia ain't Little.........I set it at 320-340*(depending on weather) to maintain 300*.

I have a 110 for my PBC and the only issue I've experienced is the fan getting stuck on low during my last cook. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it corrected itself. I am wondering if my probe being dirty caused the issue. Other then that I love mine and have found that my cooks take less time when using it.

I use my iq 110 on my UDS for overnight cooks. Works great. I have a pipe coming up along side the barrel about one third the way up with a ball valve on it and just hook the hose to that ipusing the hose adapter. I have had no issues using it and I’ve used it with my UDS for at least 5 years.

Back