Just a simple wing cook!
dKPuy32l.jpg

NCXxHYpl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know there was a wing TD....Maybe I'll make sine and enter. I love PBC wings!

There is Andrew and it's time to enter. :-D I chose wings after winning the last TD. Goes from 1/5 to 1/22.

Prize is SRF Kurobuta spares. They're very good.

LOL. Thanks for telling me. I would have probably tried to take a better more organized picture if I had known about it before devouring them all. But doesn't hurt to enter. Thanks again for letting me know!

The plated pic is more than fine to enter. :thumb:

PS or the ones on the rack that you did already. :becky:

There is Andrew and it's time to enter. :-D I chose wings after winning the last TD. Goes from 1/5 to 1/22.

Prize is SRF Kurobuta spares. They're very good.

Oh yeah. I'll have to cook up some next weekend then! :thumb:

The plated pic is more than fine to enter. :thumb:

PS or the ones on the rack that you did already. :becky:

:) I was debating on which to do...if the plate had been full I prolly would have used that one!

:) I was debating on which to do...if the plate had been full I prolly would have used that one!

The plated picture looks great to me. Even you ones on the rack looks good. I'd enter the plated pic and if you aren't happy with it make more and replace them if they turn out better. You can only have one entry but you can replace an entry if you do another cook and like it better....

I did something new (for me, at least) this afternoon -- a 4-lb leg of lamb :icon_smile_tongue:

Based on some ideas from this site and my penchant for MSU, I rubbed it with a slurry of olive oil and salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and mustard powder.

Used the rotisserie over lump charcoal. Ended up running with the lid off the rotisserie as I couldn't get clean smoke otherwise. Temps around 325-350 for the majority of the cook.

Used my fancy wireless temperature probe to monitor temps initially. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• lamb1.jpg
    lamb1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 241
  • lamb2.jpg
    lamb2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 238
  • lamb4.JPG
    lamb4.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 235
Nice 75-degree day so I watched some football and drank some beer whilst attending the cook.

Once the IT hit around 120, I moved the firebox up from the bottom to my lower rack level (handle height) to do a sear. Coals roughly 6-8 inches below the meat.

Next time I'll start the sear earlier, as I didn't get all that good a crust before I had to pull it off the heat. It turned out more 'done' than intended, but I actually like the way it came out -- very tender and moist!

Attachments

• lamb5.jpg
    lamb5.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 238
  • lamb6.jpg
    lamb6.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 239
  • lamb7.jpg
    lamb7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 239
Thanks!

I know I'm kind of dickish about our current nice weather, but it's the only time of year I get to brag :biggrin1:

The Weasel was also very intrigued by the cook.....

Attachments

• lamb9.jpg
    lamb9.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 237
Took way longer than I expected. Almost 6 hours total. That included 2.5 hours on the PBC and almost 4 in the oven at 375-400. Missed dinner time. We ended up eating leftovers and this will be for tomorrow. Ugh. Hate when that happens. But it's done when it's done.

pme4C2Tl.jpg

t984Cbyl.jpg

WbT1V1Zl.jpg

Looks fantastic! I've only done pulled beef on the PBC once and it took much longer than expected for me as well. Was shocked, actually. It was very tasty in the end but, looking back, I was thinking I could of just knocked out a full packer in the same amount of time.

Mine didn't look this good, however. I want some of that. Makes me want to take another crack at it.

First cook on my PBC tonight. I hung 8 hindquarters. It took about 1.75 hours. The chicken was moist and tasted good, though I think I pulled it a little early (it read 175 on my therm).

When I lit it, it got up to 280 really quickly (in about 8 minutes). I probably loaded the cooker too early, but when I did the temp shot down to the low 200s and I had to crack the lid to get it back up to 250.

I expected it to cook hot. Is that just because I put food on too early?

First cook on my PBC tonight. I hung 8 hindquarters. It took about 1.75 hours. The chicken was moist and tasted good, though I think I pulled it a little early (it read 175 on my therm).

When I lit it, it got up to 280 really quickly (in about 8 minutes). I probably loaded the cooker too early, but when I did the temp shot down to the low 200s and I had to crack the lid to get it back up to 250.

I expected it to cook hot. Is that just because I put food on too early?

If you like to monitor the temps (which I do, but many just let it do its thing which is awesome as well) you will just need a few cooks. The number of lit coals, how lit they are, and how long you have the lid off are the three things you will probably need to dial in to get the temps doing exactly what you want.

Back