THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVERYONE has a chance to win the Cook-off!!

Bob C Que had a great idea to encourage everyone to participate. .....A random drawing held after the winner is announced with a small prize to the winner of the drawing!

I spoke with Noah and we came up with this:
In addition to a prize going to the entry that receives the most votes, a random drawing will be held for all remaining participants (winner isn't included in the drawing). The winner of the random drawing will receive a 4.7 oz bottle of Pit Barrel All Purpose rub and a 4.7 oz bottle of Pit Barrel Beef & Game rub, courtesy of Noah Glanville and Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

So even if you are not experienced don't be intimidated to enter, you may just win some rub!

PBC Cook-off prize package announced in the cook-off thread. Go check it out and see what you think!

No pictures right now but just an observation..I'm cookng 3 pork butts and using Royal Oak briquettes that i got at Wal-Mart. Basically my fire went out. Anyone else having issues with this type of charcoal? It hasnt rained here in months (truly) so i dont think it was wet.

No pictures right now but just an observation..I'm cookng 3 pork butts and using Royal Oak briquettes that i got at Wal-Mart. Basically my fire went out. Anyone else having issues with this type of charcoal? It hasnt rained here in months (truly) so i dont think it was wet.

That's not a commonly used coal in the PBC But it is elsewhere. Stubbs and Kingsford are typicically what PBC owners use. But I would think it should have run fine in the PBC. Sounds like your fire was never hot enough. How did you start it? Have you used other coal with no issues?

I have used Kingsford, Stubbs and mesquite lump all with good results. I start the same way every time...dont get mad but i use lighter fluid and like it.:-D

I have used Kingsford, Stubbs and mesquite lump all with good results. I start the same way every time...dont get mad but i use lighter fluid and like it.:-D

I have no problems with folks who use lighter fluid.....:thumb:
Usually those who use lighter fluid cook a little hotter which makes your issue with the Royal Oak even more strange.

Sounds like something was wrong with your coal if you've had success with others.....

I have no problems with folks who use lighter fluid.....:thumb:
Usually those who use lighter fluid cook a little hotter which makes your issue with the Royal Oak even more strange.

Sounds like something was wrong with your coal if you've had success with others.....

I think i will just need to remember to crack the lid with some foil as i use it up. It will be an excuse to "practice" my craft. , grin:

^^^

Lol

I kid you not when I say all my friends and their friends, family now have a PBC. A friend I hadn't seen in a loooong while (lives pretty far) came over a few days ago. I took him and his wife for a "tour" to Sakoland (backyard) and his wife whipped up her phone and registered the PBC web address. They're getting one for sure. Keyword "wife" whipped out her phone. She loves BBQ.

I use the Wal-Mart charcoal and been having problems if they have any moisture in them. Either the fire keeps going out or my temps are really low. So I have to finish the cook in the oven. It is frustrating but it was still very good.

I know I haven't been on the Brethren for a long while, but I just got my PBC and it's firing up right now. Looking forward to seeing what it is capable of. From all of the discussion it seems that this will be a great tool to have in my BBQ arsenal.

I know I haven't been on the Brethren for a long while, but I just got my PBC and it's firing up right now. Looking forward to seeing what it is capable of. From all of the discussion it seems that this will be a great tool to have in my BBQ arsenal.

Welcome FltEng! I'm you'll enjoy the PBC!

Welcome. The pbc is a greal cooker.

Welcome to the PBC club Eng. Whole heck of a lot is what it's capable of. :grin:

Thanks everyone! Just finished up four half chickens and 3 racks of baby backs. The chicken came out very moist and full of flavor and the ribs were done perfectly at tug off the bone tenderness. What amazed me was being able to do the ribs in just over three hours; half the time...wow! I think the next time to get the chicken skin crispy I'm going to take my Searzall to it.:idea:

Thanks everyone! Just finished up four half chickens and 3 racks of baby backs. The chicken came out very moist and full of flavor and the ribs were done perfectly at tug off the bone tenderness. What amazed me was being able to do the ribs in just over three hours; half the time...wow! I think the next time to get the chicken skin crispy I'm going to take my Searzall to it.:idea:

Or crack the lid back the last 10-20 mins for crispier skin. What I also do on chicken cooks is open the lid a few times to let the whatever condensation in there out.

New Police and Fire Fighter Logo Plates

Just noticed on the PBC Facebook site that they are now offering Police and Fire Department logo plates in addition those they already offer for the Military.

PBC donates a portion of each sale to Folds of Honor (Military), Concerns of Police Survivors (Police), or National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (Fire).

I think it's a nice idea!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Back