THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Thread

My question is:

What would MacGyver make?

th

This:

th

This:

th

This:

1316735326_b91fc061ea_z.jpg

th

Or this:

th

:crazy:

Mod Note:

This thread is in Q-Talk and should remain here because there is some useful information. Let's keep it on topic.

In case you've lost track, the original topic was the cost to replicate the PBC.

Mod Note:

This thread is in Q-Talk and should remain here because there is some useful information. Let's keep it on topic.

In case you've lost track, the original topic was the cost to replicate the PBC.

Agreed. Let's see someone take the pbc challenge :thumb:

Hey I'm kinda new so i'm looking to the PBS experts! .... I tried on my own but failed! ...last time I'll try to hang meat from my jimmy. :heh:

All joking aside I like what you did with the 18" kettle to create your WSM/PBC. If you remember I was looking for a used kettle to do the same thing. But while surfing Craigslist I found the PBC for $175. I remember talking to you about the cost to replicate what you did and if I'm correct it was pretty darn close to $175......So I just went ahead and bought the PBC......I will admit though that if an 18" kettle shows up I'll probably buy it and eventually make my own "Jimmy"... :thumb:

I have had so much fun today with this post I broke down and just bought a subscription to the site. Probably should have done it along time ago. Any one else want to join me a a card carry member? Although the more I think about it, I probably could have build a UDS for less than the cost of the membership!:wink:

I have had so much fun today with this post I broke down and just bought a subscription to the site. Probably should have done it along time ago. Any one else want to join me a a card carry member? Although the more I think about it, I probably could have build a UDS for less than the cost of the membership!:wink:

Haha that's funny.....because if you were paying attention you'd have noticed a beer appear below my name today too...:thumb:

I was perusing the PBC site. They are selling a drum and lid only for 159$ w free shipping. So there is a nice option for the do it yourself guy or gal. The grate, rebar and hooks could be scavenged. I can use my little kettle grate on mine. The bottom feet are not required and a charcoal basket is easy to make or maybe you have one. Plus its the nice new porcelain finish. My only PBC regret is I got the classic back before they got all fancy! I think its pretty cool they offer that option and at a reasonable price. Sorry to bring it back on topic. Hilarious thread.
I do think its worth mentioning Noah seems like a pretty stand up guy. Veteran, made in the USA, its not some big corp outsourcing some cheap Chinese cooker that needs modded to work properly. He already had a killer product and upgraded it w the porcelain coating. His rubs are also nice. The fact that he provides extremely straight forward advice and detailed videos that also get updated is pretty cool to. I think why Shirleys also get so much love (sure they kick ass) is Paul seems like a real stand up guy trying to constantly improve and please the customer with quality. Too rare these days in all areas.

I was perusing the PBC site. They are selling a drum and lid only for 159$ w free shipping. So there is a nice option for the do it yourself guy or gal. The grate, rebar and hooks could be scavenged. I can use my little kettle grate on mine. The bottom feet are not required and a charcoal basket is easy to make or maybe you have one. Plus its the nice new porcelain finish. My only PBC regret is I got the classic back before they got all fancy! I think its pretty cool they offer that option and at a reasonable price. Sorry to bring it back on topic. Hilarious thread.
I do think its worth mentioning Noah seems like a pretty stand up guy. Veteran, made in the USA, its not some big corp outsourcing some cheap Chinese cooker that needs modded to work properly. He already had a killer product and upgraded it w the porcelain coating. His rubs are also nice. The fact that he provides extremely straight forward advice and detailed videos that also get updated is pretty cool to. I think why Shirleys also get so much love (sure they kick ass) is Paul seems like a real stand up guy trying to constantly improve and please the customer with quality. Too rare these days in all areas.

I agree 1000% :thumb:

Back