THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just read thru this whole post and this nearly made me fall out of my chair.:laugh:

Glad I could provide you some entertainment Pj...lol :becky:

Hey fwismoker, your pic isn't showing up...
Edit: OK works now

And there's the first candidate for a stiff drink...:laugh:

You know you aren't required to view this thread if it makes you that upset, right? :becky:

I'm not upset, I think it's just got to the point of being ridiculous that's all.
What good does it do to keep answering everyone's post with basically the same answer over and over and over.

I'll probably drink a few beers later, but not because of this broken record.
Cheers!!!

I feel much better now. Thanks and please do not scroll down any further.

Porcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coatingPorcelain coating PorcelainPorcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coating coating PorcelainPorcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coating coating coatingPorcelain coating

LMAO, thanks a lot. I would have bet money on that happening.

Porcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coatingPorcelain coating PorcelainPorcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coating coating PorcelainPorcelain coating Porcelain coating Porcelain coating coatingPorcelain coating coating coatingPorcelain coating

All this porcelain talk has got me thinking...Anyone know a way to porcelain coat my stainless steel? Sorry if this has been asked. OBTW what about welding regular steel horse shoes to stainless. TIA

I'm not upset, I think it's just got to the point of being ridiculous that's all.
What good does it do to keep answering everyone's post with basically the same answer over and over and over.

I'll probably drink a few beers later, but not because of this broken record.
Cheers!!!

I was just razzin ya anyway. :heh: I agree this stuff goes round and round which is why I think it's funny. I also think it's awesome how passionate people are about their cookers here. Bottom line, it's not the cooker it's the cook! Just get the cooker you can cook on like I've said before! :thumb:

Those drums are free from my work and there not coated on the inside, we used a bunch just for bins for scrap

The ikea effect

:rofl:

That alone is made this thread worth it.

Even though my first post here was "i could probably get a drum cheaper" i almost feel bad for it. Bottom line pcb is a great cooker well worth the cost, how much cheaper it can be built is irrelevant. If only it were a real smoker it would be the best ever.

I do wonder how come no one ever does this with stick burners. Ive never seen a "why buy a Shirley fab when you could build one cheaper" post

Well tensions still seem high time to smoke another fatty.

The ikea effect

That alone is made this thread worth it.

Even though my first post here was "i could probably get a drum cheaper" i almost feel bad for it. Bottom line pcb is a great cooker well worth the cost, how much cheaper it can be built is irrelevant. If only it were a real smoker it would be the best ever.

I do wonder how come no one ever does this with stick burners. Ive never seen a "why buy a Shirley fab when you could build one cheaper" post

Well tensions still seem high time to smoke another fatty.

I could build a Shirley cheaper.....you know, provided I owned a very nice welding setup, had numerous hours of welding experience, had an awesome pile of 1/4" scrap steel in my back yard, and Paul Shirley was my neighbor...:becky:

Why I would bet that even Paul Shirley has built a Shirley for himself cheaper the you can buy a Shirley! :thumb:

Oh and it's interesting how you used a Shirley smoker in your example. .......maybe because it's arguably one of the best you can buy......so if someone were to attempt to build a stick burner they might wanna copy a Shirley........hhhhmmm, does that mean the UDS guys trying to mimic the PBS because they know it's the best barrel smoker?? :shocked:

Disclaimer. .....before anyone jumps in and says barrel smokers were around WAY before a PBC, I was JOKING! :becky:

Ace if you're a good welder would you mind putting horseshoes on my Jimmy? I feel it can't cook near as well as the PBS without them. :sad:

Ace if you're a good welder would you mind putting horseshoes on my Jimmy? I feel it can't cook near as well as the PBS without them. :sad:

Well the horse shoes are what makes the PBC cook as well as it does. ......BUT....ummm....I'm not touchin your Jimmy! :shocked: :heh:

All this porcelain talk has got me thinking...Anyone know a way to porcelain coat my stainless steel? Sorry if this has been asked. OBTW what about welding regular steel horse shoes to stainless. TIA

I talked to a nice fellow from Independence Porcelain Enamel earlier today and he gave me a quote of $150 for a 30 gallon barrel. He did have concerns that the barrel could bend badly at the 1600 degrees needed to apply the coating. He also agreed that the adhesive on the bottom of the barrel would blow out as I mentioned in my original post. Regarding the horseshoes, the new PBC has them bolted on rather than welded. On the off chance that you were serious or anyone else is looking for info on that type of coating, I thought I would share this information.

Back