Pirate Burgers

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Pirated a couple burger recipes and made a batch that were well timed.

Wife and son had been out and about and both pulled up in the driveway within 5 mins of each other....and could smell the burger smoke coming from the backyard.

Finally......finally......finally.....my Pirates are looking like they may win a game this year, too. Maybe we need to schedule more Sunday games, lol.

A fast batch of Man Cave Meals Hotdog Chili was made....used 80/20 in it this time.

The Yuengling Black & Tan went into the chili....the Yuengling Light went into the dude running the grill. :biggrin1:

Almost done.....simmered another half hour or so after pic taken

Okay....the Pirated burger recipe went like this:
* 2.25 lbs of cheap meat.....70/30 ground beef
* 1 pack of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing powder
* 4 tablespoons Duke's
* 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrin's roostershire
* formed into 5 patties
* I let them cook 2/3 done before the one flip
* American cheese on them after coming off the grill

Cooked over Kingsford charcoal. I love the flavor.

Usual suspects lined up.....

I set it out and went to watch my Pirates....lotta game left but we are up 41-21....was told that they left me a burger and plenty of hotdogs. :thumb:

That looks really good. But, I have to ask, what happened to the other burger? Us folks in SC thank you for using Dukes. It pays the taxes.

My girls (our dogs) got it right off the grill once it cooled.

They each got a hotdog, too.

They love it when I fire up the grill. They know that they'll get their bounty. :becky:

So, the burgers look great, but, how do you like that black and tan?
I drink the traditional lager, how does it compare?

Looks like another great cook. Hotdogs and burgers on the grill top my list of favorites. Very nice.

GREAT GREAT looking burgers!!!!!!! congrats on the Pirates!!

Thank you.

Had to watch the Georgia Bulldogs dominate from the kickoff........and Clemson pull ahead like a fine tuned sports car in the second half................my team, however, reminded me of Fred Sandford's clunker junkyard pickup and barely got the job done.

Last edited:
Finally got around to eating that burger.

It was okay, but that's about it. Okay.

Stealing Myron Mixon's ranch dressing idea wasn't to my liking. Family loved it. I'm not that crazy about it.....too much going on in that patty.

I'll stick to my tried & true method using finely diced Vidalia onions and jalapeños with a shot of Don's Seasoning Delight.

It's always fun to test out new versions of your long standing versions of things. Validates what you've been doing....and opens the door for improvement.

So, the burgers look great, but, how do you like that black and tan?
I drink the traditional lager, how does it compare?

It's really good. That's my cheap all-the-time beer.
I'm in PA so it's considered a "local brew" here. But it's always on the low cost range.

But I agree it's also a good cooking beer because it has some real flavor to it.

It's really good. That's my cheap all-the-time beer.
I'm in PA so it's considered a "local brew" here. But it's always on the low cost range.

But I agree it's also a good cooking beer because it has some real flavor to it.

I'm seeing the future......at the end of this day I may very well be enjoying an ice cold Black & Tan.

Finally got around to eating one of the hot dogs for early lunch today.

Gonna be a long afternoon. Just found out I've been volunteered by the wife to unload a truckload of pumpkins for a big even she has planned.

ECU is a might fine school.Have a lot of friends went there.Hope the dogs were either Jesse Jones or Bright Leaf brand for true carolina flavor.:wink:

Back