Pics of My trip to Austin TX - Yumm BBQ!!!

Now to end the thread / Trip. I have to post this pic.

This was in front of me in Alabama. LOL That's all I'll say, so as not to offend anyone.... LOL

5DE0C234-E3C0-4A1A-8B0C-4287275608AC_zpslqgawuie.jpg

Great trip Biggie... I have lived in SA for 21 years and have never made it to any of those places. Of course, I just got really into BBQ these last 4 or so years, but still.

And to top it off, you got to meet T-Roy!

Glad you had fun.

Now to end the thread / Trip. I have to post this pic.

This was in front of me in Alabama. LOL That's all I'll say, so as not to offend anyone.... LOL

5DE0C234-E3C0-4A1A-8B0C-4287275608AC_zpslqgawuie.jpg
Maybe it was a suggestion to just marry "Ed" and not the other guy?! They could've been from Floriduh as well [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like you had an awesome time. Us in the area, like terry, kind of take it for granted that they will always be there. Sure we can go any weekend but we don't. Kind of funny how you got treated better than the potus.

Looks like you had an awesome time. Us in the area, like terry, kind of take it for granted that they will always be there. Sure we can go any weekend but we don't. Kind of funny how you got treated better than the potus.

Don't take it for granted!! lol
It's so awesome to have places like that in your backyard.

Well, we were very blessed to have been treated so well at several places. It all just worked out so well. Very Thankful!

This trip is legendary. I'd like to know how many pounds of food you consumed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This trip is legendary. I'd like to know how many pounds of food you consumed!

LOL Well, given that I ordered extra and put it on ice from 3 of the 4 places I went, It looks like I ate more than I really did. But, I did pig out for sure!!!! lol

I should have weighed myself before and after my trip. I'm sure I'm a few lbs. heavier for sure! lol

Fantastic thread! I've never been to Louie Mueller's but hope to make it one day.

Apparently John Meller is cooking again at a spot called Black Box BBQ. If you get a chance to check out his stuff, run - don't walk.

Next time you go you gotta put Snow's on the docket. They're only open Saturday mornings, and it's unreal. Everything there is great, pork steaks are mandatory.

Great pix - thanks for posting!

Man that looks like a pretty epic barbecue trip you had... Nowhere better for a barbecue trip than Central Texas in my opinion.
Glad you were able to make it to Mueller's, going there is kinda like stepping back in time. Really that whole street it's on feels like that. I've been there a couple times.
If you ever find yourself in Houston make sure you head to Pearland to checkout Killen's and I really like Roegels Barbecue Co. on the West side of downtown as well. You can get in and out there with a minimal wait, if any.

Usually go early to Louie Muellers to beat the rush. One Friday my customer and I went really late and got there about 1:15. Not a lot of people there. Ended up shooting the breeze with some guy named Don Henley. Think he used to be in some band. ROFL

Fantastic thread! I've never been to Louie Mueller's but hope to make it one day.

Apparently John Meller is cooking again at a spot called Black Box BBQ. If you get a chance to check out his stuff, run - don't walk.

Next time you go you gotta put Snow's on the docket. They're only open Saturday mornings, and it's unreal. Everything there is great, pork steaks are mandatory.

Great pix - thanks for posting!

Black Box BBQ...I'll have to remember that!!

Yes!! Snows was / is on my list, I just couldn't get there this time. Will def. be trying it next time.

Man that looks like a pretty epic barbecue trip you had... Nowhere better for a barbecue trip than Central Texas in my opinion.
Glad you were able to make it to Mueller's, going there is kinda like stepping back in time. Really that whole street it's on feels like that. I've been there a couple times.
If you ever find yourself in Houston make sure you head to Pearland to checkout Killen's and I really like Roegels Barbecue Co. on the West side of downtown as well. You can get in and out there with a minimal wait, if any.

I loved that place and feel of that street / building also!

I'll put those on my list also. Thank you!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back