Perfect weather to play with fire, beer and my Joe Blow

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
I always laugh when folks talk about "can't wait for grilling season". In this state....it's always grilling season. Yesterday was no exception. I really have mad respect for my Q brothers and sistas who are grilling it up in the ice & snow in other parts of the globe. I'd be doing the same...but doubtful it'd be wearing shorts and flip-flops like I was on yesterday's cooking.

It was time to replace my old reliable electric lighter. It works like a champ, but it takes a while and isn't really one that you can be very precise with and target just one or two pieces of lump to ignite for times when you just want a slow'n'low cook.

Fired up my grilling tunes in the kitchen and started having fun !

bkt78RY.png

DPxqqI4.png

beLqHjq.png

yfy8vex.png

XWQvagD.png

9AV3CXA.png

It took very little time at all....standing there with my JoeBlow in one hand.....beer in the other.......and then the fireworks happened before my eyes. I didn't time it...but my estimation was it was under 3 mins. It has a low vibration thing that was therapeutic on my jacked up wrist. Win-Win.

Funny thing is that the JoeBlow was almost.....almost cool to the touch in all parts immediately afterwards.

Had these raw wing parts dusted heavily with my favorite wing rub. It makes a hot wing that's not offensively hot and has a great flavor. Mad Hunky Hot Wang!

x6q1zt1.png

Also had to throw in my favorite grilling sausage.

pTauNAc.png

WKAlH1O.png

A great bacon, cranberry, sunflower seed salad right out of one of those bagged mixes. These things seem to get better all the time. This one had some type of orange-cider vinegar dressing that I wish I could find in gallon sized bottles :rofl:

1QBFBZp.png

fStOdzK.png

B6laDc8.png

It was a split between my tribe....Williamson Bros Original vs The Shed Southern Sweet & Spicy.....both are great on wings & sausage. It's going to take many more cooks to decide.

Those wings sausage and salad look awesome I really like that Joe Blow- think I like the name better Can I ask where you got it and how much That would be great for my egg

Those wings sausage and salad look awesome I really like that Joe Blow- think I like the name better Can I ask where you got it and how much That would be great for my egg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kamado-Joe-KJ-BL-Electric-Lighter/dp/B00KRN2R3I/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/179-5640327-9889009"]Amazon.com : Kamado Joe KJ-BL Joe Blow Electric Lighter, 7ft. Cord : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xzwzwiSIL.@@AMEPARAM@@31xzwzwiSIL[/ame]

I'm looking forward to using it again some more this weekend.:-D

Everything looks great. I have got to find that sausage. What do you think about that sauce?

I really liked it.

It has a nice blend of flavors....I'd have to equate it to SBR with molasses and heat....and perhaps some slight coffee flavor. It's best over low-heat rubs, though or just nekkid meats. Killer on burgers & grilled chicken breast sammiches.

What's name of the salad? Got to have that with wings soon!!

Picked it up at the Neighborhood Market (new Walmart chain of grocery stores) yesterday.

iEDy7bq.png

DKMdIf0.png

I can't stress how tasty this stuff is. 30 second salad !

It's above 30 today here in SW Ohio. Got the smoker going with meatloaf (for today) and a duck for tomorrow. Staying inside but firing up some Chickenfoot on the stereo will make things heat up! Great choice.

Back