THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice toy and the Q looks pretty farkin good.

I ve been kicking around the idea of turning my propane fridge smoker to charcoal but now I see this cool gadget and I spy a new winter project .

Thanks Kevin!

I was trolling Pelletheads.com and someone reported a Pellet fired Backwoods -
have you heard anything?

About two weeks ago I called the maker of this device to ask him what he thought about mounting it to a Backwoods. He told me that he wasn't too familiar with the Backwoods and didn't know if anyone had done it. I suggested that he give Mike at Backwoods a call to see what he thought. I wondered if that was as far as the conversation would go, but I called him again a week later and lo and behold, not only did he call Mike, but he actually sent them a unt to tinker with!

Well my next call was to Mike, and he told me that they were planning on installing it in a cooker and trying it out to see what the best method will be to do so. The unit won't go through the Backwoods air intake, so he said sone modification to the cooker will be required. He also said that they may be able to make a template to send out so that folks can get it done locally. If they can make it removable, so that the Backwoods will still be usable with charcoal, this could make one awesome pellet cooker with a perfect failsafe.

Either way, these are two companies that seem to be run by really good folks.

Hope this is on topic enough to not be a hikack.

I had suspicions that the wsm being less insulated than the cabinets that usually house these pellet poopers would actually benefit the smoke ring. And from your fine cook it looks like I MAY have been right! Might just be a match made in heaven.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post this.

I bought a pellet pro hopper assembly before they made these adapters, I have not found the body I want to attach it to though. I would really like to try an insulated cabinet style.

Oh I forgot. Mike at Backwoods did say that someone was using one on a Professional and was very happy with it.

Regardless of the price, I have a feeling that this is one of those products that's going to be a big deal. The biggest benefit that I see is having a pellet cooker that can easily be switched back to charcoal if needed.

I bought a pellet pro hopper assembly before they made these adapters, I have not found the body I want to attach it to though. I would really like to try an insulated cabinet style.

I got an extra set of brackets to modify a drum smoker as well, I'm not cutting into my Backwoods, but always looking for an insulated holding oven.

Oh I forgot. Mike at Backwoods did say that someone was using one on a Professional and was very happy with it.

Regardless of the price, I have a feeling that this is one of those products that's going to be a big deal. The biggest benefit that I see is having a pellet cooker that can easily be switched back to charcoal if needed.

I tend to agree that a unit that could do both would be a pretty cool cooker.

Dennis told me when I called that Cajun Bandit makes their rings for them. So when Cajun Bandit finally starts making a stacker for the 18" WSM, the Pellet Pro kit will probably come out shortly thereafter.

Yeah! A Stacker for the 18" WSM!! I'll take 2 who else is in??

Yeah! A Stacker for the 18" WSM!! I'll take 2 who else is in??

I wouldn't get too excited. I emailed Cajun Bandit a while back because I was wondering if they could make me a stacker for my 18". They emailed me back and said that they do intend to make one, but they are working on other projects, and not to expect it any time soon. :/ Sucks too, because I want one for mine to ve able to hang chicken halves ala Pit Barrel for IBCA.

I wouldn't get too excited. I emailed Cajun Bandit a while back because I was wondering if they could make me a stacker for my 18". They emailed me back and said that they do intend to make one, but they are working on other projects, and not to expect it any time soon. :/ Sucks too, because I want one for mine to ve able to hang chicken halves ala Pit Barrel for IBCA.

It sucks having a day job to pay the bills and BBQ accessory business on the side!!

Chris is a great guy with a LOT of ideas swirling around! Hopefully it'll come soon!

Are there any ProQ stackers to be found?

It sucks having a day job to pay the bills and BBQ accessory business on the side!!

Chris is a great guy with a LOT of ideas swirling around! Hopefully it'll come soon!

This setup will not work on an 18," it's just too small.

Yep.

https://www.stifflerssurplus.com/casearch.aspx?SearchTerm=weber

I found this site a couple weeks ago and had been on the fence about ordering one, but this thread combined with this one http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168084 got me to go ahead and order one a few hours ago.

If you really want one you'd better hurry. The guy told me that he's getting ready to unload all he has to one person soon.

Back