THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Had a last weekend before xmas gathering yesterday with friends. Fired up some rib tips to continue and try to clear out my freezer and also one of the extra turkeys I bought at Thanksgiving. At home I don't always wrap, but I've been wanting to try peanut butter & jelly ribs for a while so was going to wrap a few of them and just see what happens :becky:. Here's the grub.

Made some pasta salad with avocado dressing which was pretty solid. Haven't tried the avocado dressing before.

Getting slaw ready. This has cumin and ginger in it which is my new magical go to. Also cilantro mixed in is quite good.

Mixed up

20 rib tips rubbed up

Firing up my Shirley

Only takes a few minutes to get to here

Put half on earlier in the day to cool and vacuum seal before folks arrived

Part way through the cook I wanted to see how hot it could get in the cooking chamber and hit maximum :biggrin1:

Here's what the fire looked like. Only had it there for about 15mins

Wife was making an oreo cheesecake for Christmas

Relaxing. Weather was mid 50's so pretty nice to be cooking

First set of tips done

Getting turkey injection ready

Getting that spine out of the way

Round 2 ribs about to go on

Injecting

Rubbed and ready

Turkey on

Also made some chex mix. I like zero pretzels in mine. I do like pretzels just not in chex mix for some reason........:crazy:

Ok here comes peanut butter jelly time

Slathered it on there. At this point in time I had no idea how they would turn out

Had a buddy bring over 5gallons of home brew (Thanks Dave!). And just in time as we almost ran out of beer in my fridge.

Also they brought over some bourbon! Hadn't tried this Four Roses single barrel before, but damn it was good

And here is a random small child trying to steal the other bourbon that was brought. She didn't want to share :loco:

After a bunch of drinking I didn't get any pre food spread shots, but here is the aftermath....The pbj ribs were damn good. You couldn't really taste the grape jelly at all as it mellowed out in the foil, but the peanut butter was 100% there and complemented the ribs well. Did 4 racks that way and they were all gone by the end of the night. At first the kids couldn't wait to try them, but the adults were the ones to finish them off. Will definitely do it again and maybe do the jelly as a finishing sauce.

Zero turkey left too other than the picking off the carcass which I ate

Banana pudding

See I told you we liked it

And finished the night off with tequila chased by pickled jalapeno juice. It is really good.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. The PB&J ribs I've never heard of - but I've had an amazing PB burger...so why not ribs!?

My wife bought me a bottle of that 4 Roses bourbon as well - I must agree, it was dang fine. Best bourbon I've had, I think.

Nice !!!!

Down low in this thread are P B & J 'Turds......

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191144

Never tried ribs, but soon !!!!

What all's in the pasta w/ avocado dressing?
Sounds good !!!!

Used about 5 avocados and a little mayo for the dressing. Then a used a can of corn, can of black beans, some diced onion, diced garlic and seasoning. Pretty good. Wanted to add bacon but didn't have any.

I could easily see throwing Thai spices on and wrapping w/ the PB&J to make a spicy peanut sauce for them ribs!

PB & J Ribs?
I have seen a lot and heard a lot but that is a first. I Like jelly on ribs and I like PB on Hamburgers so I think it would taste great!
VERY CREATIVE!

Ok here comes peanut butter jelly time

peanut-butter-jelly-time-o.gif

Could...not....resist:heh:

Back