THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Fantastic and simple to make.

Ingredients:
2 15 oz. cans of sliced peaches in syrup
1 package of yellow cake mix
Cinnamon & Brown Sugar
1 stick of butter

Directions:
Smear some butter on the bottom and sides of the Dutch oven.

IMG_3457.jpg

Then "Dump" in 2 cans of sliced peaches in syrup and sprinkle in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoon of brown sugar. (If you like the cobbler I little dryer then partially drain one of the cans of peaches)

IMG_4065_zps500d02ca.jpg

On top of that dump 1 yellow cake mix, sprinkle in 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.

IMG_4075_zps6ee32ead.jpg

Then drizzle 1 stick of melted butter on top of that. (Or just add thin slices on top)

IMG_4076_zpsc1cffc50.jpg

Cover up with lid and then put into the oven / kamado / grill for 30 to 35 minutes at 325 degrees. (A double recipe will take an extra 10 to 15 minutes)

Here is a single recipe in my 5 quart DO

IMG_4089_zps05f6083e.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

Observations: This is so easy to make and the result is SOOO GOOD!

Looks awesome I wonder if adding some dry oats (oatmeal) to help soak up extra syrup would be good and add a texture that would add to it? I might have to try a little and keep the syrup from the second can just to see.

Looks awesome I wonder if adding some dry oats (oatmeal) to help soak up extra syrup would be good and add a texture that would add to it? I might have to try a little and keep the syrup from the second can just to see.
Thanks. Adding oaks sounds interesting but there really wasn't much wet syrup in the bottom. Most was soaked up by the cake mix.

Back