THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Mr. Tony

is Blowin Smoke!
Met fwismoker for the first time a few weeks back. He let me take his octoforks for a test run today. I didn't have the system in my possession when i planned the cook so didn't get to utilize the full potential. There is a separate part that greatly increases the versatility, but I can only show you the octoforks.

I layered some pork in an achiote marinade, made some smooth pineapple salsa, as well as a chunky mixture of onion, tomato, radish, cucumber, grilled pineapple, grilled jalapeño, and some lime juice.

Had some pineapple attached to a set of the forks to drip on the meat as it was spinning. The skewers stuck through were just to hold some meat flaps in place. With better planning I could have used the rest of the system to eliminate the need for these.

There is a korean pork butt on the left I'm cooking for some lettuce cups. I'll do a separate post maybe tomorrow.

The forks are adjustable so you can go much wider than standard rotisserie prongs if needed.

And the finished tacos

Now that I have a better grasp of what the system is, I can plan some more adventurous cooks in the future.

Despite my history with Keith, I only wish him the best of luck with his new product. I have always been a supporter of American-made products, especially those made by US Vets who give back to the community. I believe he has grown as a person, and appreciate that he no longer puts down other people's products now that he is an aspiring entrepreneur.

Met fwismoker for the first time a few weeks back. He let me take his octoforks for a test run today. I didn't have the system in my possession when i planned the cook so didn't get to utilize the full potential. There is a separate part that greatly increases the versatility, but I can only show you the octoforks.

I layered some pork in an achiote marinade, made some smooth pineapple salsa, as well as a chunky mixture of onion, tomato, radish, cucumber, grilled pineapple, grilled jalapeño, and some lime juice.

Had some pineapple attached to a set of the forks to drip on the meat as it was spinning. The skewers stuck through were just to hold some meat flaps in place. With better planning I could have used the rest of the system to eliminate the need for these.

There is a korean pork butt on the left I'm cooking for some lettuce cups. I'll do a separate post maybe tomorrow.

The forks are adjustable so you can go much wider than standard rotisserie prongs if needed.

And the finished tacos

Now that I have a better grasp of what the system is, I can plan some more adventurous cooks in the future.
I want those tacos! OMG those look good :bow:....INCREDIBLE presentation!!

I'm glad everything worked out for this cook. I like the pellet roti conversion too.

You do know that he will have to kill you for revealing this.
Nice cook, though, for a last one.
As long as everything gets returned nice, clean and shiny no harm will come to him! :laugh:

Great looking cook interesting setup you got there.

Thanks. I'm still playing with the setup. I have a Louisiana whole hog pellet cooker. I Just drilled a hole in the center divider to allow me to mount the motor and bracket on the opposite side of the cooker being used.

The rod is held up in the other end by a high power magnet. Seems to work well.

Next time I may just put a hotel pan of coals long way to stretch across the entire bottom. I could most likely not even have to light the fire in the pellet cooker using this method.

One last thing that i haven't tried yet is going on about a 45 degree angle down vertically through the vent holes in the back. I would have to trim the rod to get this to work.

Thanks. I'm still playing with the setup. I have a Louisiana whole hog pellet cooker. I Just drilled a hole in the center divider to allow me to mount the motor and bracket on the opposite side of the cooker being used.

The rod is held up in the other end by a high power magnet. Seems to work well.

Next time I may just put a hotel pan of coals long way to stretch across the entire bottom. I could most likely not even have to light the fire in the pellet cooker using this method.

One last thing that i haven't tried yet is going on about a 45 degree angle down vertically through the vent holes in the back. I would have to trim the rod to get this to work.

I like the idea of the hotel pan with coals, having the heat come from the bottom should give the best uniform heating. Maybe even one of those warming racks that the coals can sit on and let the ash fall down into the pan.

I'm glad your baby is safe at home.
Yup it's all my babies for now until my production parts are done! Unless someone has had to get things manufactured you'd never imagine the headaches that go with it. Just like many kick starter projects that get delayed.. I sure understand their pain. lol

Back