THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I recently found out that it is NOT a violation of the KCBS rules to send your wife home with the boxes, and have her build them at home Friday night, and return with them Saturday morning. Very convienent for contests less than 20 minutes from home (2 of them for me this year) but not as much for the rest of the season...

But then I would miss out on the best part of the night, as Sammi likes to say, mommy is making boxes, we are making friends....

Thats my daughter and me walking around meeting people time ..

Thank god she does the boxes, i have no patients for it..

But then I would miss out on the best part of the night, as Sammi likes to say, mommy is making boxes, we are making friends....

Thats my daughter and me walking around meeting people time ..

Thank god she does the boxes, i have no patients for it..

Shes pretty good at them :wink:

We were talking about something like this at the Royal. I think KCBS should issue each team a set of identical pieces of astroturf precut for the box. It would save us time and make appearance all about the meat, no questions.

I have been a proponent of this, or whatever the feasable version of it is.

It does seem a shame that something that is not meant to be judged (the garnish) seems to play a big role in the appearance score.

Back